Radiophysics Bragg-Gray

• Medical
  • Thread starter AgusCF
  • Start date
AgusCF
If I study the dose in water with the Black-Gray cavity and the equation for electronic equilibrium... Why I obtain similar results for the same value of MV? Someone knows? Thanks! [Sorry for my english :( ]

Answers and Replies

gleem
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Your mean Bragg-Gray don't you? Could you please elaborate on your issue? Your question does not make sense as stated,

Likes AgusCF
AgusCF
Your mean Bragg-Gray don't you? Could you please elaborate on your issue? Your question does not make sense as stated,
Yes, sorry, Bragg- Gray. I mean (as exercise) I calculate the dose in water for 45 MV by Bragg-Gray cavity and by the equation for electronic equilibrium (i do not know its proper name) and I obtained similar values. My question is: Why? I thought that i must obtain very diferent values.
Thanks!

gleem
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Bragg Gray Theory assumes that charged particle equilibrium exists at the position of a small cavity in a medium , that the ionization produced in the cavity is proportional to the absorbed dose and that the cavity does not significantly change the spectral characteristics of the ionizing radiation at the cavity position.

Likes AgusCF
AgusCF
Bragg Gray Theory assumes that charged particle equilibrium exists at the position of a small cavity in a medium , that the ionization produced in the cavity is proportional to the absorbed dose and that the cavity does not significantly change the spectral characteristics of the ionizing radiation at the cavity position.
Well I found the answer. It seems that the charged particle equilibrium it is not a restrictive condition; particulary at low energies is less restrictive than at high energies.

Thanks for your aid!