Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac?

• Thread starter Ouabache
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Format Mac
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of finding a generic player for Mac that can handle *.ram files without having to download Real Player. Suggestions for jetAudio and the safety of using Real Player on a Mac are also mentioned.
Ouabache
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I see on a homework question, a file in *.ram format is referenced. I am reluctant to download Real Player because of previous spyware issues and having to jump through several hoops to shut off options in the configuration. Are there any generic players recommended, that can handle this format for Mac.

System: using a borrowed Power Mac G5 running OS X "panther".

Computer science news on Phys.org
There's jetAudio which is my favorite player for both audio and video and it can play real player's files, but i don't think there's a version for Mac. I also dislike Real Player very much.

Thanks for suggestion, upon reading about JetAudio they confirm that they do not have a Mac or Linux version. I will keep this one in mind when I use PCs that do have Windows OS.

I wouldn't worry about spyware on OS X there isn't any (yet), so there shouldn't be a problem using real player for mac.

The new version of the real player stripped out the adware. I think you'll be safe.

FAQ: Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac?

1. What is a Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac?

A Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac is a software program that allows Mac users to play Real Media files, which are audio and video files that use the RealMedia format. This player is specifically designed for Mac operating systems and supports the playback of various media formats.

2. How do I download and install a Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac?

To download and install a Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac, you can visit the official website of RealPlayer and download the Mac version of the player. Once the download is complete, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install the player on your Mac.

3. Can I play all types of media files with a Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac?

Yes, a Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac supports a wide range of media formats, including RealMedia, QuickTime, Windows Media, MP3, MPEG-4, and many others. This player also has the ability to convert files between different formats, making it a versatile media player for Mac users.

4. Is a Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac free to use?

Yes, the basic version of RealPlayer for Mac is available for free. However, there is also a paid version, RealPlayer Plus, which offers additional features such as DVD playback and video downloading. You can choose the version that best suits your needs and budget.

5. Can I customize the settings of a Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac?

Yes, a Real media (ram format) generic player for Mac allows users to customize various settings such as audio and video quality, playback speed, and equalizer. You can also create playlists and organize your media library according to your preferences. These customizable options make the player user-friendly and convenient.

Back