How Can I Get to Know a Girl in University?

• Thread starter elabed haidar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary: How do you know this?Well, from what I've gathered, she's been spending a lot of time with you lately, and she's not spending that time with her boyfriend. So it's safe to say she's interested in you. But, unfortunately, she's not sure if she wants to break up with her boyfriend. In summary, the girl has a boyfriend, but she's interested in you. You should continue to talk to her, and try to get her to go out with you.
elabed haidar
hello everyone i am in my first year in university and i really want to know this girl more but i don't know how so start so any advice

Physics news on Phys.org

Walk up to girl, icebreaker, talk.

Or if you're looking for the more subtle approach, facebook and friend her, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Is she just some random girl you pass by everyday? Do your friends know her?

we are good friends and yes all my friends know here she even dated my friend but he dated her for fun while she was looking for a serious realtionship

i didnt even like her but when she sat beside me i don't what happened we laughed and made jokes

elabed haidar said:
i didnt even like her but when she sat beside me i don't what happened we laughed and made jokes

Well that's a good sign. Can you ask her for coffee or tea?

elabed haidar said:

Follow Lisa's advice and listen to her when you're talking. I know it can be hard to concentrate when you're into someone, but you must focus! :biggrin: Find out what her interests are and ask about them.

i know some interests but how can i go from being friends to the next level??

Next assignment, ask her would she like to meet over coffee and have a chat about it.

So ye have a guaranteed thing to talk about.

and when will i take the next step cause we had many conversations and we had many laughs
my question is when do i ask her to take it to the next level??

What do you mean by next level?

If she agrees to coffee, ask her on a date afterwards. Keep your intentions clear.

here is the problem we both study in the university so we only see each other in uni
so if i want to ask her out i can because she lives very far from where where i live that's why i may have to give up on this one

I don't understand what you are trying to say at all.

If you aren't interested in the girl, don't ask her out. If you are, do. You don't need to offer excuses here =/

You both go to the same University, there can't be a huge distance between where ye both live.

man your right I am just being silly i just need advice do you think i should ask my friends to see what she thinks about me before i ask her out

No..

You should stop over-thinking it. Ask her for coffee. She'll either say yes or no. Then take it from there.

what should do after this chat i always after this step you are talking about(coffee)??

consider me your little brother and tell me in details what to do
thats is all I am asking for and thank you man for listening

please with a bit of details

What chat?

The impression I have gotten is that you only talk to her in lectures? Do you speak to her outside of the lecture theatres at all?

If you do only speak to her in lectures, the *first step* would be to arrange to meet and talk in a different environment. Within a lecture/work environment, she could easily just see you as a colleague. Not a friend.

Agreeing to meet for coffee, or for drinks or for *insert activity* will allow conversation to flow more naturally, you can be certain she likes you as a person/friend.

*Step 2*

Flirt over this coffee/chat/drinks. Make your intentions clear.

*Step 3*

Ask her on a date.

Majority of women like male attention, assuming she is single you shouldn't have too much trouble getting to step 3. Then she either says yes or no.

Make sure to actually ask her though. I would assume a guy sees me as a friend if I have met him under friendly terms 2/3 times or more and he hasn't tried anything/asked me out.

thanks but just for the record we never talk about lectures we had many things to talk about music jokes the weird thing that she always laughs at my jokes even though i know they are lame so thanks for everything

Chances are she likes you then. I'd still ask her to meet you in a different environment before asking her out on a date. It just makes things more relaxed. Plus you aren't surrounded by people.

you are 100% right thanks and good luck with your life

When you have coffee for her, ask her if she'd like to go to a movie sometime, or maybe a concert - whatever you think she'd find interesting.

thank you very much but i have a small problem even if she likes to go with me to the movies she can't because she needs 2.5 hrs to reach her house and the only way to go there is only her dad and comes the other problem so i will try to start step by step and then we will see what happens thank you all

Can I ask what age you both are?

A date doesn't have to be a movie, you could go for lunch somewhere nice or even a walk in a park.

me 19 she 18

Smiles302 said:
Can I ask what age you both are?

A date doesn't have to be a movie, you could go for lunch somewhere nice or even a walk in a park.

Never take a women to lunch or dinner on the first date. You are stuck with that person for the duration of the lunch , and no matter how much you might want to be somewhere else you are stuck there. It ain't fair for either of you :P Try something more casual than a lunch. A coffee, a drink, the walk you mentioned , whatever something which doesn't commit you to any large extent of time. See how that works out and take it from there.

Last edited:

elabed haidar said:
thank you very much but i have a small problem even if she likes to go with me to the movies she can't because she needs 2.5 hrs to reach her house and the only way to go there is only her dad and comes the other problem so i will try to start step by step and then we will see what happens thank you all

You need to buy a car man. A sturdy simple and cheap car, from 2nd hand market. Freedom of movement is an invaluable asset for anyone.

DanP said:
Never take a women to lunch or dinner on the first date. You are stuck with that person for the duration of the lunch , and no matter how much you might want to be somewhere else you are stuck there. It ain't fair for either of you :P Try something more casual than a lunch. A coffee, a drink, the walk you mentioned , whatever something which doesn't commit you to any large extent of time. See how that works out and take it from there.

Depends on the lunch. In a student situation lunch is more likely to involve sitting down for a sandwich than a 3 course restaurant meal.

i really appreciate what you guys are saying but here is the problem i can't take here outside the university she lives with her dad all by herself so she needs to be beside him that's why only in university i can be with her

elabed haidar said:
i really appreciate what you guys are saying but here is the problem i can't take here outside the university she lives with her dad all by herself so she needs to be beside him that's why only in university i can be with her

Nobody "needs" to be with their parent(s) all the time.

elabed haidar said:

Can you go visit her in her hometown on the weekend?

Why does she need to be with her dad the whole time?

because her dad is an old fellow thaats why man its really hard and about going to see her its hard it needs two hours
i really like her but i can't go two hours just to see her like 1 hr guys all i can do is see her in university , talk to her as you guys told me to do and we will see what happens

inviter her to a pants party. lol. j/k,

1. How do I approach a girl in university?

Approaching someone can be nerve-wracking, but the best way is to simply be yourself and strike up a conversation. Find common ground by asking about her major, classes, or extracurricular activities.

2. How can I tell if a girl is interested in me?

Some signs that a girl may be interested in you include making eye contact, laughing at your jokes, and finding excuses to spend time with you. However, the best way to know for sure is to communicate openly and directly with her.

3. How can I get to know a girl better without being too forward?

Start by getting to know her in a group setting, such as through a shared class or club. This will allow you to get to know her in a low-pressure environment and see if you have common interests.

4. What are some good conversation starters with a girl in university?

Some good conversation starters include asking about her interests, sharing something interesting you learned in class, or asking for her opinion on a current event. Be genuine and show interest in what she has to say.

5. How do I ask a girl out in university?

If you feel like you have a good connection with a girl, simply ask her if she would like to grab coffee or go on a study date with you. Be respectful and understanding if she declines, and remember that it's okay to take things slow and get to know each other first.