How Do You Rearrange This Equation to Solve for Delta T?

• Thread starter Charanjit
  • Start date
In summary, to rearrange an equation, you need to isolate the variable you are trying to solve for on one side of the equation using algebraic operations. This allows you to solve for a specific variable, manipulate the equation, and understand the relationships between different variables. There are specific rules and steps to follow, such as maintaining equality and avoiding division by zero. You can check your work by substituting values back into the original equation. While there are some shortcuts, it is important to follow proper steps and rules for accuracy.
Charanjit
1. Homework Statement
This is a science equation, just having trouble rearranging to solve for a variable. The equation is below.

Basically I want the equation to be in the form of delta T = T2-T1 = ...

2. Homework Equations
(-R/L)[ln(p2/p1)] = [(1/T2)-(1/T1)]

3. The Attempt at a Solution
I've tried doing it, can't do it. Need a hint at least.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Charanjit! :smile:

(try using the X2 icon just above the Reply box :wink:)

You can't do it …

T1 - T2 will be a function of T1T2

Related to How Do You Rearrange This Equation to Solve for Delta T?

1. How do I rearrange an equation?

To rearrange an equation, you need to isolate the variable you are trying to solve for on one side of the equation. This can be done by using algebraic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on both sides of the equation.

2. What is the purpose of rearranging an equation?

Rearranging an equation allows you to solve for a specific variable or manipulate the equation to make it easier to understand. It also helps in solving complex equations and understanding the relationships between different variables.

3. Can I rearrange an equation in any order?

No, there are specific rules and steps to follow when rearranging an equation. You must perform the same operation on both sides of the equation to maintain equality, and you cannot divide by zero.

4. How do I know if I rearranged the equation correctly?

You can check your work by substituting the values of the variables back into the original equation. If both sides of the equation are equal, then you have rearranged the equation correctly.

5. Are there any shortcuts for rearranging equations?

There are some shortcuts, such as using the distributive property or combining like terms, that can make rearranging equations easier. However, it is essential to follow the proper steps and rules to ensure accuracy.