Recommend book to follow Introduction to Analysis by Rosenlicht

In summary, for further building a strong foundation in analysis and preparing for graduate school in computational fluid mechanics, it is recommended to follow "Introduction to Analysis" by Rosenlicht. For more advanced topics in analysis of functions of several real variables and vector analysis, "Advanced Calculus of Several Variables" by C.H Edwards is suggested. Another book to consider is "Principles of Mathematical Analysis" by Rudin, which covers multivariate and vector functions.
MechanicalEngr
Recommend book to follow "Introduction to Analysis" by Rosenlicht

I am trying to build a great foundation in analysis before moving into functional analysis, ode and tensor calc( planning on graduate school in computational fluid mechanics ). I love the style of Rosenlichts text. What's the best book to take it to the next level? I seek something very strong in analysis of functions of several real variables and vector analysis... Any suggestions? Does principles of mathematical analysis by rudin cover multivariate and vector functions?

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Meant pde, damn iPad!

I liked "Advanced Calculus of Several Variables" , by C.H Edwards, but I'm doing pure Math. Maybe take a look at it and see if you like it. It has a lot on Differential Forms.

What is the recommended book to follow Introduction to Analysis by Rosenlicht?

The recommended book to follow Introduction to Analysis by Rosenlicht is "Principles of Mathematical Analysis" by Walter Rudin.

Is this book suitable for beginners in analysis?

No, this book is not suitable for beginners in analysis. It is best suited for students who have a strong foundation in calculus and linear algebra.

What makes "Principles of Mathematical Analysis" a good companion to Introduction to Analysis by Rosenlicht?

"Principles of Mathematical Analysis" covers similar topics as Introduction to Analysis by Rosenlicht but in more depth. It also includes challenging exercises and examples that reinforce the concepts learned in Rosenlicht's book.

Are there any other recommended books to supplement Introduction to Analysis by Rosenlicht?

Yes, some other recommended books include "Real Analysis" by Royden and "Introduction to Real Analysis" by Bartle and Sherbert. These books also cover similar material and provide additional practice problems and explanations.

Can I use "Principles of Mathematical Analysis" as my main textbook instead of Introduction to Analysis by Rosenlicht?

Yes, "Principles of Mathematical Analysis" can be used as a standalone textbook for an introductory analysis course. However, it is always beneficial to use multiple resources to gain a deeper understanding of the subject.