Recommended books for PD's and DE's?

• Thread starter yaya10
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, for recommended books on PD's and DE's, I suggest checking out "Partial Differential Equations: An Introduction" by Walter A. Strauss and "Partial Differential Equations: Methods and Applications (Dover Books on Mathematics)" by J. David Logan. For Mathematical Modelling, "A First Course in Mathematical Modeling" by Frank R. Giordano, William P. Fox, and Steven B. Horton is highly rated and recommended. These are cheap options from Dover Publications, but it's always a good idea to search for more advice and reviews.
yaya10
recommended books for PD's and DE's??

Hello everyone,

I would like to get books for DE's and PDE's

can you please recommend some good and easy books.

and Also some books for Mathematical Modelling

Cheers,

yaya

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times, but since I have a quick answer I'll go ahead. My suggestion is to search the site for more advice though.

I've been using this as a reference this semester. I like the book, but mainly as a reference, as it is quite lengthy to simply read all of it (in between studying for other classes as well) and the order is somewhat different from my actual class.
http://store.doverpublications.com/0486649407.html"

I did not like http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486659429.html". I found it almost impossible to stay focused on the material. I'm not sure if it was the writing style or simply the presentation of the material, but I found it to be almost impenetrable. I typically don't enjoy math texts without problem, but this one just didn't work for me. I'm glad you reminded me, so I can put it up for sale.

I have http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/048667620x.html" that I plan to reference for my PDE class. I haven't looked at page 1 though, so I have no official review. Amazon.com has quite a few and it was rated very high.

I don't always or only use Dover books as supplements. Many times, they books are so dated that the material isn't of much use or the writing style is difficult. They are cheap though, so I typically look there first. That's not to say that I don't have books over $100-$200 that I'd consider to be terrible either, but I don't feel very bad when a cheap book turns out bad or doesn't get used.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of recommended books for PD's and DE's?

The purpose of recommended books for PD's (Professional Development) and DE's (Diversity and Equity) is to provide resources for individuals to learn and grow in their respective fields. These books offer valuable insights, strategies, and perspectives to help individuals become more knowledgeable and effective in their roles as professionals and advocates for diversity and equity.

2. How are the recommended books selected?

The recommended books are selected by experts in the field of PD's and DE's, such as educators, researchers, and diversity and equity practitioners. These individuals carefully review and consider the relevance, quality, and impact of each book before recommending it to others.

3. Are there different recommended books for different industries or fields?

Yes, there are recommended books that are specific to different industries or fields, such as education, healthcare, and business. This is because the issues and challenges related to PD's and DE's may vary depending on the context and environment in which individuals work.

4. Can the recommended books be used for self-study or in a group setting?

Yes, the recommended books can be used for both self-study and in a group setting. Individuals can read and reflect on the books on their own, or they can discuss and engage with others in a book club or professional development workshop.

5. Are there any free resources available for recommended books?

Yes, there are free resources available for recommended books, such as online articles, videos, and discussion guides. These resources can supplement the information and insights provided in the books and offer additional perspectives and strategies for PD's and DE's.