Rectilinear Motion of Particle

In summary, the conversation is about solving a problem involving the motion of a particle. The problem states that the acceleration of the particle is directly proportional to time t, and at t=0, the velocity of the particle is -12 m/s. The goal is to write the equation of motion given that v=0 and x=15 at t=4s. The conversation includes a request for help and a suggestion to try using the forum's tex feature, as well as a discussion about different approaches to solving the problem.
adashiu

Homework Statement

3. The acceleration of a particle is directly proportional to the time t. At t=0, the velocity of a particle = -12 m/s. Knowing that v=0 and x = 15 when t=4s, write the equation of the motion.

Here is my solution, could Somebody check it?
View attachment zadanie3.pdf

Text is in Polish, sorry for that :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm still waiting for the attachment approval. In the meantime, dzien dobry.

Dzien dobry :)) Attachment approval? So you cannot look into it?

You have explained the problem well enough, and I believe I can solve it, but it is against forum rules for me to provide any help until I see your attempt at a solution. Is there a reason why you need to put it into pdf format? I understand that using the tex feature on this forum is a bit frustrating, but you can just try to write out your solution in plane text here, and I will try to follow it.

When you integrated v to find x as a function of t, you did something wrong. I advise you to put limits on your integration, and put explicitly what is the differential quantity over which you're integrating.

do you have any other simplier sulotion for rectilinear motion??

adashiu's approach is the simplest approach that I'm aware of. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of another way to do it.

What is rectilinear motion of a particle?

Rectilinear motion of a particle is a type of motion in which the particle moves along a straight line. This means that the particle's path does not curve or deviate in any way.

What is the difference between rectilinear motion and curvilinear motion?

Rectilinear motion is motion along a straight line, while curvilinear motion is motion along a curved line. In rectilinear motion, the particle's velocity and acceleration are always in the same direction, while in curvilinear motion, they may change direction.

What is the equation for calculating displacement in rectilinear motion?

The equation for calculating displacement in rectilinear motion is d = vf - vi, where d is displacement, vf is final velocity, and vi is initial velocity.

How is velocity calculated in rectilinear motion?

Velocity in rectilinear motion is calculated using the equation v = (xf - xi)/t, where v is velocity, xf is final position, xi is initial position, and t is time.

What is the acceleration of a particle in rectilinear motion?

The acceleration of a particle in rectilinear motion is constant and can be calculated using the equation a = (vf - vi)/t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.