1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rectilinear Motion of Particle

1. Jan 28, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

3. The acceleration of a particle is directly proportional to the time t. At t=0, the velocity of a particle = -12 m/s. Knowing that v=0 and x = 15 when t=4s, write the equation of the motion.

Here is my solution, could Somebody check it?
    View attachment zadanie3.pdf

Text is in Polish, sorry for that :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2009 #2

turin

Homework Helper

I'm still waiting for the attachment approval. In the meantime, dzien dobry.

4. Jan 29, 2009 #3
    Dzien dobry :)) Attachment approval? So you cannot look into it?

5. Jan 29, 2009 #4

turin

Homework Helper

You have explained the problem well enough, and I believe I can solve it, but it is against forum rules for me to provide any help until I see your attempt at a solution. Is there a reason why you need to put it into pdf format? I understand that using the tex feature on this forum is a bit frustrating, but you can just try to write out your solution in plane text here, and I will try to follow it.

6. Jan 30, 2009 #5

turin

Homework Helper

When you integrated v to find x as a function of t, you did something wrong. I advise you to put limits on your integration, and put explicitly what is the differential quantity over which you're integrating.

7. Jul 6, 2009 #6
    do you have any other simplier sulotion for rectilinear motion??

8. Jul 6, 2009 #7

turin

Homework Helper

adashiu's approach is the simplest approach that I'm aware of. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of another way to do it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?