Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Rectilinear Motion of Particle

1. Jan 28, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

3. The acceleration of a particle is directly proportional to the time t. At t=0, the velocity of a particle = -12 m/s. Knowing that v=0 and x = 15 when t=4s, write the equation of the motion.

Here is my solution, could Somebody check it?
    View attachment zadanie3.pdf

Text is in Polish, sorry for that :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2009 #2

turin

Homework Helper

I'm still waiting for the attachment approval. In the meantime, dzien dobry.

4. Jan 29, 2009 #3
    Dzien dobry :)) Attachment approval? So you cannot look into it?

5. Jan 29, 2009 #4

turin

Homework Helper

You have explained the problem well enough, and I believe I can solve it, but it is against forum rules for me to provide any help until I see your attempt at a solution. Is there a reason why you need to put it into pdf format? I understand that using the tex feature on this forum is a bit frustrating, but you can just try to write out your solution in plane text here, and I will try to follow it.

6. Jan 30, 2009 #5

turin

Homework Helper

When you integrated v to find x as a function of t, you did something wrong. I advise you to put limits on your integration, and put explicitly what is the differential quantity over which you're integrating.

7. Jul 6, 2009 #6
    do you have any other simplier sulotion for rectilinear motion??

8. Jul 6, 2009 #7

turin

Homework Helper

adashiu's approach is the simplest approach that I'm aware of. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of another way to do it.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook