Relation between matrixes problem

• Thread starter essif
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Relation
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with an argument involving 4 matrixes - A, C, D, and F. The individual can see that A^n = C*D^n*F and that C is the inverse of F. They are trying to understand the relation between these two facts and how it explains the equation. The conversation ends with the individual thanking for the explanation.
essif
Hi, I have a problem with an argument here.

I am given 4 Matrixes, A, C, D and F. see attachment..

I can then see that A^n = C*D^n*F = some matrix with a Fibonacci-serie in it.

I can also see that C*F=F*C=I or C is the inverse of F

My problem is to relate these two:
How can the fact that C is the inverse of F explain that A^n = C*D^n*F ?

NB. A^n = C*D^n*F is NOT true for any two C and F, C^-1=F, which in my mind make it even harder to see the relation.

Attachments

• matrix.JPG
    matrix.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 333
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't see the attachment, but I'm guessing this is to do with the idea that A^n = (CDF)^n = (CDF)(CDF)(CDF)(CDF)...(CDF) = CD(FC)D(FC)D(FC)D(FC)D(FC)D...DF = CDIDIDIDIDIDID...DF = CDDDDD...DF = CD^nF

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what it is you're stuck on, but hopefully that will help.

I think that's it, thanks alot.

What is the relation between matrixes problem?

The relation between matrixes problem refers to the study of how different matrices in mathematics are related to one another. It involves understanding the properties and operations of matrices and how they can be used to solve problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science.

What are the common types of matrixes used in relation between matrixes problem?

The most commonly used types of matrices in relation between matrixes problem are square matrices, rectangular matrices, diagonal matrices, symmetric matrices, and identity matrices. These matrices have specific properties that make them useful in solving different types of problems.

How are matrix operations used in solving relation between matrixes problem?

Matrix operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and inversion are used to manipulate matrices and solve problems related to them. These operations help in finding the relationship between different matrices and in simplifying complex matrices into simpler forms.

What are some real-life applications of relation between matrixes problem?

The relation between matrixes problem has numerous real-life applications in fields such as computer graphics, data analysis, cryptography, and economics. For example, matrices are used to represent images in computer graphics and to analyze large datasets in data science.

What are some common challenges in solving relation between matrixes problem?

Some common challenges in solving relation between matrixes problem include understanding the concepts of matrices, choosing the right matrix operations, and dealing with large and complex matrices. It is also important to have a strong foundation in linear algebra and mathematical equations to effectively solve problems involving matrices.