Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Removing/creating phase lag or lead in circuit

1. Dec 4, 2007 #1
    My square wave is lagging/leading the sine wave (depending how you interpret it). i want to make the transition of my square wave be at 0 deg for the sine wave. right now the square wave transitions at 130 deg of the sine wave

how can i shift this so that it transitions only at 0 deg or 360 deg. is there some things you can do in the circuit?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

We would need to know the nature of the circuit -- what the waveform generation circuit looks like, and what the load is for each waveform.

4. Dec 4, 2007 #3
    one is a sine wave
    the other is a square wave.
    at the rising edge of sine, i want the square to rise too.
    right now, as the square wave rises, the sine wave is at 124deg (ie decreasing)

the load? comes out from an op-amp, just resistors to gnd

between, i generated the sine from a clock oscillator, filter it out to get the sine. any other easier way? I need to generate something around 100kHz and the controller i am using now is not capable of putting out a DAC that will go that fast.
    also are there any chips to clean up my square that will put out +- Vout much like a schmitt trigger only capable of putting out -ve Vout

[img=http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1655/tek00000mg3.th.png]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?