Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reporting posts

1. Jan 16, 2014 #1

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

I seem to have been reporting many posts recently. One reason may be that I am trying to be more active now that I get a science advisor badge. But at the same time, I don't want to look like a small town sheriff, drunk on the power of his shiny star on his breast...

So my question: do the admins/moderators track who is reporting posts? And will I be warned if the mods think I'm too trigger happy with the report button?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2014 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

If we think you are too-trigger happy, we'll let you know. You'll only get warned if you abuse the REPORT post button.

If not, continue reporting. If we don't find the reported post to be of any harm, we just won't take any action against it. It's that easy.

Zz.

4. Jan 16, 2014 #3

DrClaude

Thanks Zz.

5. Jan 16, 2014 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your reported posts that I looked at badly needed reporting.

Thank you.

6. Jan 16, 2014 #5

DrClaude

That what I thought also!

I think I understand the ethos of PF, with which I entirely agree and the reason why I stuck around (I can't stand discussing nonsense or pseudoscience). But since I haven't been here for an entire year yet, I just wanted to make sure.

7. Jan 16, 2014 #6

adjacent

Gold Member

:rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook