Resetting PC & Visual Studio Code - Need Help!

In summary, the conversation discusses troubleshooting issues with the VS Code Editor and Python executable. The suggestion is to check if Python is installed where VS Code thinks it is, and if necessary, reinstall both Python and the VSCode python plugin. It is also mentioned that using a Python virtual environment may require a different approach. Ultimately, the issue is resolved by re-downloading Python.
rgtr
TL;DR Summary
In visual studio code in windows 10, when I try to select the interpreter it flashes and I can't click on it. Can someone help? For a good description look at the imgur link which contains the video. Thanks.

I tried resetting the PC and reinstalling visual studio code and that does nothing.
Any advice would be helpful.

Technology news on Phys.org
It seems that VS Code Editor can't find your python executable. Check if it’s installed where VS Code thinks it’s installed.

You may have to reinstall python and then reinstall the VSCode python plugin to resync things.

Likes rgtr
I think you need to do this a different way if you are using a Python virtual environment.

jedishrfu said:
It seems that VS Code Editor can't find your python executable. Check if it’s installed where VS Code thinks it’s installed.

You may have to reinstall python and then reinstall the VSCode python plugin to resync things.
I re-downloaded python and it seemed to work.

• Haha
Likes jedishrfu

1. What is the purpose of resetting a PC?

Resetting a PC means restoring it to its original factory settings. This can be done for various reasons such as resolving technical issues, removing malware, or preparing the computer for resale.

2. How do I reset my PC?

The steps to reset a PC may vary depending on the operating system, but generally, you can go to the Settings menu and look for the "Update & Security" option. From there, you can select the Recovery tab and choose the option to "Reset this PC". Follow the prompts to complete the process.

3. Will resetting my PC delete all my files?

Yes, resetting a PC will erase all the files and applications on the computer. It is important to back up any important files before proceeding with the reset.

4. What is the purpose of resetting Visual Studio Code?

Resetting Visual Studio Code means restoring it to its default settings. This can be helpful if you are experiencing technical issues or want to start fresh with your code editor.

5. How do I reset Visual Studio Code?

To reset Visual Studio Code, you can go to the Help menu and select "Troubleshoot and then click on "Reset Settings". This will restore the editor to its default state. Keep in mind that this will also remove any installed extensions and custom settings.