Resize distortion of Motion blurred Image

In summary, the individual is studying image distortion, specifically motion blurred images, and has questions about the effects of resizing on these images and if there are any journal papers available on the topic. They mention the possibility of transforms and correction equations to stabilize images and suggest performing a Google search for more information.
Chriszz
Dears,
Thesedays, I'm studying the image distortion, especially, about the motion blurred images.
About these works, I have some questions and I can't find answers myself.

My questions are following:
1. When resizing motion blurred images, what types of distortions could be applied additionally?
How this process affect on motion blurred images? In terms of 1) human perception of sharpness and 2) image signal processing.

2. Could I find some journal papers about the above question?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Engineering news on Phys.org
There are certainly transforms regarding motion of images and applying correction equations. You can preform a google search for these and learn for your self what math is available to correct or stabilize images. And as far as journal papers go, search for those as well.

1. What causes resize distortion in motion blurred images?

Resize distortion in motion blurred images is caused by the interpolation method used when resizing the image. When an image is resized, the pixels are either added or removed, which can result in blurry or distorted regions in the image. This is especially noticeable in images with motion blur, as the interpolation method may not accurately recreate the blurred motion.

2. How can I minimize resize distortion in motion blurred images?

One way to minimize resize distortion in motion blurred images is by using a high-quality interpolation method, such as Lanczos or Bicubic. These methods use more advanced algorithms to resize the image, resulting in less distortion. Additionally, resizing the image by only a small amount can also help minimize distortion.

3. Can I remove resize distortion from a motion blurred image?

While it is possible to reduce resize distortion in motion blurred images, it is difficult to completely remove it. The best way to avoid distortion is to carefully select the interpolation method and resize the image by a small amount. However, if the distortion is already present in the image, it may not be possible to fully eliminate it.

4. Are there any specific software or tools that can help with resize distortion in motion blurred images?

Yes, there are various software and tools that offer advanced resizing options to minimize distortion in motion blurred images. Some popular examples include Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, and Lightroom. These programs offer a variety of interpolation methods and allow for precise resizing controls to help reduce distortion.

5. Is there a way to prevent resize distortion in motion blurred images?

The best way to prevent resize distortion in motion blurred images is to capture the image at the desired size or resolution to begin with. This eliminates the need to resize the image, which can introduce distortion. Alternatively, using a higher shutter speed or a tripod can also help reduce motion blur in the original image, resulting in less distortion when resizing.