Reviewing Engineering Mechanics: Statics by Hibbeler - Is it Worth the Hype?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hs-student
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Statics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 7K views
hs-student
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Has anyone tried engineering mechanics: statics by hibbeler? Is this a good book?
From the reviews on the 10th edition people said that it lacked examples. But there aren't many reviews on the 11th edition?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
hs-student said:
Has anyone tried engineering mechanics: statics by hibbeler? Is this a good book?
From the reviews on the 10th edition people said that it lacked examples. But there aren't many reviews on the 11th edition?


That was my text back when i took statics, i found it pretty good. Certainly no striking lack of examples.
 
I used Hibbler for both statics and dynamics (6th ed. I believe). I thought it had the best illustrations around. Pretty good books IMO.