1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rigorous Coupled Wave Analisys - help

1. Mar 21, 2009 #1
    Hi,

Recently I'm trying to understand some explanation of RCWA, which introduces to computational analysis of diffraction grating efficiences. For explanation I use Soifer book, but cannot understand or don't agree with it. I tried to understand the derivation, not to write it straightforward into Matlab but understand as well. And I found that my derivation doesn't agreefully with the book. Can You explain to me:
    1) how one can get from the set of equations 3.138 & 3.139 to the set 3.140 & 3.141. I got something for 3.140 like in equation (*).
    2) where did He get set 3.150 from? It seems as if assumption (**) or (3.127) is not valid anymore. However then He shouldn't write 3.152.
    If assumption (3.127) is valid for modulation zone, then result for coefficients is given by (***)

Please, help me. It's not I want anyone to do my work. I just dwell for too long on it. Thank in advance!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2009 #2
    More attachements

Attached Files:

4. Mar 21, 2009 #3
    7th, 8th and 9th pages

Attached Files:

5. Mar 21, 2009 #4
    10th and 11th and (*)

Attached Files:

6. Mar 21, 2009 #5
    (**) and (***)

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook