Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Robertson's comments on Chavez

1. Aug 23, 2005 #1

Is there anything more stupid the old man could do? He always talks about violence in the Quran and then turns around and issues a "fatwa" for Chavez's assasination. Where did the "love thy enemy" sentiments go?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2005 #2
    Does anyone actually believe this man is a Christian?
  4. Aug 23, 2005 #3
    "a dangerous enemy to our south"

Ok, i didn't know that south america (where i live) belongs to USA.

"controlling a huge pool of oil"

Againt, ist's all about oil...

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability,"

He was a democraticaly elected president, he won with more that 50% of the votes, and he had win TWO, plebisites asking to stay or leave the presidency..
  5. Aug 23, 2005 #4

Gold Member

During his “700 Club” broadcast Aug. 22, Robertson lit into President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela as an American enemy that needed to be done away with:
    Not only is he preaching politics from the pulpit, it is very un-Christ-like and hypocritical. Talk about someone we need to do away with. The only good thing is if people like Robertson keep spewing garbage, mainstream America is likely to push them back under the rocks they crawled out from under when Bush was elected.
  6. Aug 23, 2005 #5
    How much more twisted can this country get when the WHITE HOUSE has to apologize for a RELIGIOUS ZEALOT'S COMMENTS!!!

"White House dismisses Chavez assassination call
    State Department: Pat Robertson comment 'inappropriate'"

Do people just take it for granted now that religious extremists set the foreign policy of this nation?
  7. Aug 23, 2005 #6

These are the same religious extremest who put Bush into office. He could not have won without them. It will be interesting to see how the administration slips and slides around this one.

It will depend a great deal upon how much media coverage Robertson's statement gets. It could be a flash in the pan if the shrub damage control team does its job as they have in the past.
  8. Aug 23, 2005 #7
    I can't believe that there are people stupid enough to listen to this man. He is a complete psychopath.
  9. Aug 23, 2005 #8
    more than half the country can't believe Bush was elected...
  10. Aug 23, 2005 #9
    Probably the only reason was
    It may seem unnecessary to some, but I don't see why it's wrong of the US to do so.
  11. Aug 23, 2005 #10
    It is wrong because it has come to the point that other nations are afraid of what some American televangelist is saying.

What does that tell you of how the U.S. is percieved around the world?? Do you think we are seen as much better than the Taliban when things like this happen?
  12. Aug 23, 2005 #11
    That is the ironic part, he talks about spreading democracy and then issues a death threat to a popular democratically elected president, whose last approval poll showed more than 70% of his nation backing him.
  13. Aug 23, 2005 #12
    um, sounds about right to me.
  14. Aug 23, 2005 #13
    That is really sad. :frown: :frown:
  15. Aug 23, 2005 #14
  16. Aug 23, 2005 #15
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  17. Aug 23, 2005 #16
    It's traditional to include information for what your link is about when you post it.. just a thought.
  18. Aug 23, 2005 #17
    I don't know if the US would be percieved much better regardless of this. This is a symptom, not a problem.
  19. Aug 23, 2005 #18
    I aim to be non-traditional, it has been edited.
  20. Aug 23, 2005 #19
    Surely you remember he and Fall-Well making these statements?
  21. Aug 23, 2005 #20
    I find it incredibly odd that the very last line of the article is
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: No other information, no details, no relation to the subject. Does this not deserve an article on it's own in the least?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?