Rock Thrown from 32m Building: Vertical Velocity at 6m Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jud Rice
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rock
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Jud Rice
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A rock is thrown off of a 32 m high building with a horizontal velocity of 5 m/s. What is the vertical velocity when it reaches 6 m from the ground? Use g = 10 m/s^2

A) 11 m/s
B) 120 m/s
C) 23 m/s
D) 520 m/s
E) 16 m/s

Homework Equations


Kinematics I think

The Attempt at a Solution


I think it is 23 m/s but not sure
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Jud Rice said:

Homework Statement


A rock is thrown off of a 32 m high building with a horizontal velocity of 5 m/s. What is the vertical velocity when it reaches 6 m from the ground? Use g = 10 m/s^2

A) 11 m/s
B) 120 m/s
C) 23 m/s
D) 520 m/s
E) 16 m/s

Homework Equations


Kinematics I think

The Attempt at a Solution


I think it is 23 m/s but not sure
Please show your work.
 
Whelp, then maybe a 10-day vacation from the very helpful PF will adjust your attitude. We require that students show effort on their schoolwork here.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander and gneill
He created a sockpuppet to try to get around his temp ban, so he's not coming back. Unbelievable bad attitude.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Bystander