RPM vs Torque, I, Mech HP, Eff, and Fp of an Induction Motor

In summary, the conversation is about creating graphs for a 5HP, 60 hz, 440Vac, 4 pole, 3 phase induction motor. The graphs needed are for 3 Phase Torque vs RPM, Current vs RPM, Mechanical Power (HP) vs RPM, Efficiency vs RPM, and Power Factor vs RPM. The person is having trouble finding equations online and is looking for a pointer in the right direction. They are advised to search for the equivalent circuit for an induction motor and to refer to a book on induction motors for help. It is also suggested to look at images of motor curves and use a quadratic curve fit for the desired speed-torque curve.
coltfourfive
I need to create graphs of:

3 Phase Torque vs RPM
Current vs RPM
Mechanical Power (HP) vs RPM
Efficiency vs RPM
Power Factor vs RPM

for Slip between nearly 0 and 1 for a 5HP, 60 hz, 440Vac, 4 pole, 3 phase induction motor.

I'm having trouble finding equations online relating relating these values. Can anyone give me a pointer in the right direction as to what equations I need to start with?

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Try to google for the equvivalent circuit for induction motor. There you will have all the equations you need, presuming you have the values for the motor impedances.

see if this link is any help

http://books.google.com/books?id=ff...esnum=7&ved=0CEUQ6AEwBjgK#v=onepage&q&f=false

there's no one minute answer. The size and shape of the rotor bars is designed to give the desired speed-torque curve. There are four basic curve shapes A through D depending on the nature of the load to be driven. Starting torque and pull out torque are main points of interest.

Try google 'motor curve images ' and a quadratic curve fit to one that looks appealing.

What is the difference between RPM and torque in an induction motor?

RPM (revolutions per minute) is a measure of the motor's rotational speed, while torque is the measure of the motor's twisting force. RPM and torque are directly proportional, meaning that as one increases, so does the other. However, the relationship between the two can vary depending on the design and load of the motor.

What does "I" stand for in an induction motor?

"I" stands for current, which is the flow of electricity through the motor's windings. The amount of current required by an induction motor is determined by the load and speed of the motor and can be controlled through the motor's voltage and frequency.

What is mechanical horsepower (HP) and how is it related to an induction motor?

Mechanical horsepower (HP) is a unit of power that measures the rate at which work is done. It is often used to measure the power output of an induction motor as it converts electrical power into mechanical power to drive various applications. The higher the mechanical HP of an induction motor, the more work it can do in a given amount of time.

What is efficiency (Eff) in relation to an induction motor?

Efficiency (Eff) is a measure of how well an induction motor converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. It is expressed as a percentage and is calculated by dividing the output power by the input power. Higher efficiency means that less energy is wasted, resulting in lower operating costs and a more environmentally friendly motor.

What is the importance of the power factor (Fp) in an induction motor?

The power factor (Fp) is a measure of how effectively an induction motor uses the available electrical power. It is calculated by dividing the real power (Watts) by the apparent power (Volt-Amperes). A higher power factor means that the motor is using more of the available power, resulting in improved efficiency and reduced energy costs.