S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration

In summary, the person asking the question does not seem to know how to do integrals, and is asking for help.
beanryu
can anyone do the following integration?! PLEASE!
S=integral sine

S(lnz)^2

Physics news on Phys.org
1. Yes, we can do them, but we are not going to do your homework for you, as that will not help you in any way. Please read the forum guidelines on homework help here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94383

The gist of it is that you must post your work and show that you have made a decent attempt, but got stuck somewhere. Then we can help point you in the right direction.

2. Your question is not very clear, and your notation not very good. For the first integral, do you mean:

[tex] \int{\sin x \ dx} [/tex]

If so, are you serious? You don't know this integral?

As for this one:

[tex] \int{(\ln z)^2 \ dz} [/tex]

Did you attempt integration by parts?

yes i don't no!

i tried it for like the whole half day

i don't have too much time please HELP!

(zlnz-z)(z)-(zlnz-z)(1/z)?

beanryu said:
yes i don't no!

i tried it for like the whole half day

i don't have too much time please HELP!

:rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't believe you. If you attempted it for half a day, why not post your work as I suggested? Also, what exactly did you "try" for the first one? I can't imagine you getting very far putting pencil to paper if you don't already know the answer from beforehand. The integrals and derivatives of sine and cosine functions are something that you just look at the derivation/proof for once and then remember the result after that. Everybody knows them; there is no computation involved. This integral is given in any basic calculus textbook and so it makes no sense whatsoever that this integral would be given for hw.

You never answered my question for the second one. Did you attempt integration by parts?

I think by "S=integral sine" they meant that S will represent the integral sign. So they're trying to find [itex]\int (\ln{z})^2 \, dz[/itex], and as you suggested by parts would be a good idea.

.............. i m dead

devious_ said:
I think by "S=integral sine" they meant that S will represent the integral sign. So they're trying to find [itex]\int (\ln{z})^2 \, dz[/itex], and as you suggested by parts would be a good idea.

Thanks for clearing that up. That never even occurred to me (proper spelling always helps :tongue2: ). So I have maligned the OP somewhat needlessly, but not too much. :rofl:

Notice that [itex] (\ln{z})^2 = (\ln{z})^2 * 1[/itex]. Can you see how integration by parts applies here?

beanryu said:
.............. i m dead

I will ask one last time, (and hope you pay attention this time), DID YOU ATTEMPT INTEGRATION BY PARTS? If not, attempt it!

thanx alot, but time out for me ... THANX ALOT THOUGH

1. What is the concept behind S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration?

The concept behind S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration is to find the integral of the function sine multiplied by the natural logarithm squared of z. This is a type of integration known as trigonometric integration, which involves using trigonometric identities and substitution to solve integrals.

2. Why is the integration of S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 important in science?

The integration of S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 is important in science because it allows us to solve various mathematical models and equations that involve trigonometric functions. These models can be used to describe real-world phenomena, such as oscillating systems and wave behavior.

3. What are the steps involved in solving S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration?

The steps involved in solving S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration include using trigonometric identities to simplify the integral, applying a substitution to transform the integral into a simpler form, integrating the resulting function, and then substituting back the original variable to get the final solution.

4. Are there any tips or tricks for solving S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration more easily?

Yes, there are some tips and tricks that can make solving S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration easier. These include using trigonometric identities, choosing the right substitution, and being familiar with integration techniques such as integration by parts and partial fractions.

5. What are some real-world applications of S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration?

S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration has many real-world applications, such as in physics, engineering, and economics. For example, it can be used to model the motion of a pendulum, the behavior of a vibrating string, or the growth of a population. It can also be used to calculate the area under a curve, which has applications in statistics and probability.