Samsung Galaxy Note: Does it Fit in Your Pocket & Do Math?

• Thread starter ZetaOfThree
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Galaxy
In summary, the Note 4 is a good phone that is perfect for those who want a phone that they can do by hand calculations on. It has a stylus and a big screen, which makes it the perfect phone for those who want to do things like brainstorm or work on physics.
ZetaOfThree
Gold Member
My old phone broke and it's time for me to get a new one. I'm considering the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as my top pick. I think it'd be really cool to have a phone you could do by-hand calculations on. For example, instead of looking at Facebook, etc. on my phone while waiting for the bus, I could work on a problem, or brainstorm, or just fiddle around with physics (a little nerdy, I know).

The Note 4 has a stylus and a big screen, so it might be the phone I'm looking for. Anyone have any experience with the Note phones? Are the screens responsive enough to be able to do math on? The phone is pretty big too. Do you think it fits well enough in your pocket?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 commercials are really going after the iPhone. I'd try to stop in at a cell phone provider store and test it out.

I don't think they're in stores now (though I haven't actually checked), it comes out in October. Looks like I'll just have to wait...

Likes Evo and Greg Bernhardt
For me personally, I think the screen is too small to take notes effectively. I've seen Surface Pro 2's for as little as $400 and MS Onenote (the full version, not the one that ships on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone) is about the most sophisticated note-taking program I've ever seen. It even has handwriting-to-math conversion, although it does not work nearly as well as their handwriting app, plus it can run just about any Windows desktop program (Mathematica, Word, Excel, Cygwin, et cetera).

You might want to actually try-out a tablet with an active digitizer (mostly Windows but some Android tablets such as the Galaxy Note Tablet offer these) before you decide that you want to write on a tiny screen.

Likes ZetaOfThree
In Samsung you may prefer this as its features and report is very good.
:)

I've had a Note 3 since the release and love it. I don't even have a desire to go after the Note 4 since it does everything I need it to do with no hiccups. I'm always using the stylus notepad with no issues. Good for jotting down quick shorter-ish notes, but probably not a good solution for anything where there's a lot of information on one topic. It fits very well in my back pocket, but it's a bit too large for the fronts. Responsiveness is exceptional. Plenty of ram and an excellent processor. The battery life is second to none. I can go two full days without a charge with intermittent usage.

1. How big is the Samsung Galaxy Note?

The Samsung Galaxy Note measures approximately 6.4 inches in height, 3 inches in width, and 0.3 inches in thickness. However, the exact measurements may vary depending on the specific model.

2. Will the Samsung Galaxy Note fit in my pocket?

It depends on the size of your pocket. The Samsung Galaxy Note is considered a large smartphone and may not fit comfortably in smaller pockets. It is recommended to check the dimensions of your pocket and compare them to the dimensions of the phone.

3. Can the Samsung Galaxy Note perform mathematical calculations?

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Note has a built-in calculator app which can perform basic mathematical calculations. It also has a feature called S Pen which allows for more precise and advanced calculations.

4. Does the Samsung Galaxy Note have a scientific calculator?

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Note has a scientific calculator built into its calculator app. It can perform functions such as logarithms, trigonometric calculations, and statistical calculations.

5. Is the Samsung Galaxy Note suitable for academic or professional use?

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Note can be suitable for academic or professional use due to its large screen and S Pen features which allow for note-taking, document editing, and mathematical calculations. However, it is recommended to consider the specific needs and requirements of the user before making a decision.