1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Science or engineering

1. Jun 20, 2009 #1
    iam interested in physics and want to specialize in cosmological physics,
    but iam currently doing my engineering,so what do i do?and
    is science better or technology?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2009 #2
    I am exactly in that very situation. I still not have choosen eng but i am sure to have it within next 15 days. I am very much enthusiastic abt physics and want to pursure research in astrophysics. But, nobody supports me wholeheartedly. Furthermore money is easy in engineering.

4. Jun 20, 2009 #3
    Its hard to find a good salary in pure physics. My advice is engineering. then you'll make enough that you have time and can afford to study pure physics on the side. So by NOT pursuing physics (at first) you might actually learn MORE physics in the long run. And a few extra dollars come in handy for other things, too.

5. Jun 20, 2009 #4
    Yeah fleem. Thats what I have been thinking of. Thank you.

6. Jun 20, 2009 #5
    but though you say,for good salary etc,engineering is better,but once you finish your
    engineering ,can you get back to physics?can you put your interest at stake ,
    i mean i find science very good than engineering?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook