1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science or technical drawing in hs

1. May 11, 2013 #1
    hello

i am gonna be in highskool next year

wat shud i take sciene or technical drawing and woodwork?

science is hard and i dont want to do accounting

but woodwork is cool u make stuff like chairs

plz help

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2013 #2
    It really depends on what you hope to achieve and what you truly enjoy.

If you want to finish high school and find a carpentry apprenticeship for example, then wood working may be more useful. Similarly technical drawing could be useful for graphic design courses or an Architecture degree.

Science is more of a core subject and probably held in higher regard by most admissions tutors for universities.

4. May 11, 2013 #3
    ok thanks man

i like drawing so i think i will take woodwork and td

but i like science too

5. May 11, 2013 #4
    ok thanks man

i like drawing so i think i will take woodwork and td

but i like science too

6. May 11, 2013 #5
    If you're just starting high school and will not be taking 'science', you won't be able to take physics, chemistry and biology later. You'd better take science. You can technical drawing and woodwork later.

How old are you and what country are you in? Where I'm from, you have to take science until grade 10 and then you have to take 1 of physics 11, chemistry 11 or biology 11 to even graduate.

7. May 12, 2013 #6
    I recommend you add some grammar classes to that (Only half joking). What country are you in? Here in the US, at least in my state, physical/earth science, biology, and chemistry or physics is mandatory.

Even a fourth and more science classes are recommended to even get into a wait list for a good university. I'm shooting for my fourth next year, and fifth and sixth senior year.

By the way, high school science classes here in the Us are embarrassingly easy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook