Science or technical drawing in hs

In summary, the conversation is about a student trying to decide whether to take science or technical drawing and woodwork in high school. The expert suggests that the decision should be based on the student's goals and interests. They also mention that science is usually a mandatory subject and is highly regarded by universities. Additionally, they recommend taking grammar classes and mention that in the US, science classes are often considered easy.
billyn00b_2001
hello

i am going to be in highskool next year

wat shud i take science or technical drawing and woodwork?

science is hard and i don't want to do accounting

but woodwork is cool u make stuff like chairs

please help

Physics news on Phys.org
It really depends on what you hope to achieve and what you truly enjoy.

If you want to finish high school and find a carpentry apprenticeship for example, then wood working may be more useful. Similarly technical drawing could be useful for graphic design courses or an Architecture degree.

Science is more of a core subject and probably held in higher regard by most admissions tutors for universities.

ok thanks man

i like drawing so i think i will take woodwork and td

but i like science too

ok thanks man

i like drawing so i think i will take woodwork and td

but i like science too

If you're just starting high school and will not be taking 'science', you won't be able to take physics, chemistry and biology later. You'd better take science. You can technical drawing and woodwork later.

How old are you and what country are you in? Where I'm from, you have to take science until grade 10 and then you have to take 1 of physics 11, chemistry 11 or biology 11 to even graduate.

I recommend you add some grammar classes to that (Only half joking). What country are you in? Here in the US, at least in my state, physical/earth science, biology, and chemistry or physics is mandatory.

Even a fourth and more science classes are recommended to even get into a wait list for a good university. I'm shooting for my fourth next year, and fifth and sixth senior year.

By the way, high school science classes here in the Us are embarrassingly easy.

1. What is the purpose of science or technical drawing in high school?

Science or technical drawing in high school is used as a visual tool to help students understand complex concepts and ideas in subjects such as physics, chemistry, and engineering. It allows students to better visualize and communicate their ideas and designs.

2. What skills can be developed through science or technical drawing in high school?

Science or technical drawing in high school can help students develop skills such as spatial reasoning, critical thinking, problem-solving, and attention to detail. These skills are essential in various STEM fields and can also be useful in everyday life.

3. Do I need to have artistic skills to excel in science or technical drawing in high school?

No, you do not need to have artistic skills to excel in science or technical drawing in high school. While having some natural artistic ability can be helpful, the focus of these classes is more on technical accuracy and precision rather than artistic flair.

4. What tools and software are commonly used in science or technical drawing in high school?

The most commonly used tools in science or technical drawing in high school include pencils, rulers, protractors, compasses, and graphing calculators. As technology has advanced, many schools also use computer-aided design (CAD) software for more complex drawings and designs.

5. How can science or technical drawing in high school prepare me for future careers?

Science or technical drawing in high school can prepare you for a variety of careers, including engineering, architecture, industrial design, and graphic design. These fields require a strong foundation in technical drawing skills and can lead to fulfilling and lucrative careers.