zorroz Thread starter Jul 13, 2017 #1 How to calculate Secondmoment of area about Y-Y axis A solid cylinder ?
jedishrfu Mentor Insights Author Messages 15,819 Reaction score 10,706 Jul 14, 2017 #2 Can you provide some context here ie more details about what you are trying to do? Is this a homework problem?
Can you provide some context here ie more details about what you are trying to do? Is this a homework problem?
zorroz Jul 14, 2017 #3 Yes ,I have question about Meta centric height... Ex --- Rectangular shape =1\12*LD3 ,If What is cylinderical shape it's
Yes ,I have question about Meta centric height... Ex --- Rectangular shape =1\12*LD3 ,If What is cylinderical shape it's
jedishrfu Mentor Insights Author Messages 15,819 Reaction score 10,706 Jul 14, 2017 #4 Your problem description is confusing because I'm not sure what's meant by second moment, meta-centric, cylindrical shape and rectangular shape. My guess is you are doing something in fluid mechanics with floating bodies: http://www.codecogs.com/library/eng...g_bodies/stability-and-metacentric-height.php So can you be a lot more descriptive in asking your question and maybe even provide a diagram?
Your problem description is confusing because I'm not sure what's meant by second moment, meta-centric, cylindrical shape and rectangular shape. My guess is you are doing something in fluid mechanics with floating bodies: http://www.codecogs.com/library/eng...g_bodies/stability-and-metacentric-height.php So can you be a lot more descriptive in asking your question and maybe even provide a diagram?