Selecting flocculants for spent degreasing water and CNC coolant treatment

  • Thread starter Thread starter kunalvanjare
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Industrial
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
kunalvanjare
Messages
80
Reaction score
2
Hey guys,

I am interested in designing a machine for clarification (reclaiming) industrial wastewater from a plant. The effluents to be treated would be Spent Degreasing water, spent cnc coolant or other process water.

I would be looking to use Flocculants for this purpose. Please see this video for reference -

My question is how do you select the flocculants? And will there be a possibility of 'One-Floc-Suits-All' type of additive that would work with different effluents?

And is it necessary to neutralize the pH before treating the effluent?

Thanks,
KV
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
kunalvanjare said:
Hey guys,

I am interested in designing a machine for clarification (reclaiming) industrial wastewater from a plant. The effluents to be treated would be Spent Degreasing water, spent cnc coolant or other process water.

I would be looking to use Flocculants for this purpose. Please see this video for reference -

My question is how do you select the flocculants? And will there be a possibility of 'One-Floc-Suits-All' type of additive that would work with different effluents?

And is it necessary to neutralize the pH before treating the effluent?

Thanks,
KV

Lots of information on this including a couple of threads on here.
PraAnan and CrazyEgg have posted
Also wiki below.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flocculation