Several questions involving a homemade miniature jet engine.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
metameta
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hey guys. I am new to engineering and I came to this because I wanted to make my own miniature jet engine. I have a limited knowledge of physics but I wish to broaden it through this idea.
Now I know that this was made before for RC models, but I want to actually make one so I understand how they work, and I decided to start here.
Here are my questions:
1. How exactly does a typical jet engine compressor work?
2. I believe there are several types of compressors used in jet engines. If I want to make one for a small sized engine, say, about 20cm wide and 50cm long, which type of compressor works best, and which factors define it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try googling "designs for model jet engines" there seems to be a lot of information out there.