Several questions involving a homemade miniature jet engine.

In summary, a person new to engineering is interested in making their own miniature jet engine and is seeking information on how a typical jet engine compressor works and which type would be best for a small sized engine. They are advised to search for "designs for model jet engines" and provided a link to a resource on jet engine design. It is also emphasized that the rest of the process will require ingenuity, creativity, and tinkering.
metameta
Hey guys. I am new to engineering and I came to this because I wanted to make my own miniature jet engine. I have a limited knowledge of physics but I wish to broaden it through this idea.
Now I know that this was made before for RC models, but I want to actually make one so I understand how they work, and I decided to start here.
Here are my questions:
1. How exactly does a typical jet engine compressor work?
2. I believe there are several types of compressors used in jet engines. If I want to make one for a small sized engine, say, about 20cm wide and 50cm long, which type of compressor works best, and which factors define it?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can anyone help?

Try googling "designs for model jet engines" there seems to be a lot of information out there.

1. How does a homemade miniature jet engine work?

A homemade miniature jet engine works by using a compressor to compress air, which is then mixed with fuel and ignited. The resulting hot gas is forced out of a nozzle, creating thrust that propels the engine forward.

2. What materials are needed to build a homemade miniature jet engine?

The materials needed to build a homemade miniature jet engine may vary, but some common components include a compressor, combustion chamber, fuel injector, nozzle, and turbine. Other materials may include metal tubing, fittings, and various tools for construction.

3. Is it safe to build and operate a homemade miniature jet engine?

Building and operating a homemade miniature jet engine can be dangerous if proper precautions are not taken. It is important to have a thorough understanding of the components and how they work together, as well as following safety protocols such as wearing protective gear and working in a well-ventilated area.

4. Can a homemade miniature jet engine be used for practical purposes?

While a homemade miniature jet engine may not have the power or efficiency of a commercial jet engine, it can still be used for practical purposes such as powering model airplanes or providing thrust for small vehicles. However, it is important to note that these homemade engines may not have the same reliability and safety features as commercial engines.

5. Are there any legal restrictions or regulations for building and using a homemade miniature jet engine?

The regulations for building and using a homemade miniature jet engine may vary depending on your location. It is important to research and comply with any local laws or regulations regarding the use of jet engines, as well as obtaining any necessary permits or certifications.