Is Ending My Life the Answer?

• Thread starter Equate
  • Start date
In summary, The speakers discuss the idea of ending one's life due to feeling unfulfilled and unappreciated, with one person suggesting various methods of suicide. However, the other person mentions that it is unreasonable to choose death when they have helped others throughout their life. They share a quote that encourages living and provide a resource for seeking help.
Equate
I am thinking about it.

I'm in my forties and unfortunately have no offspring. I wish I had.

What is the easiest way out? Jump off a building? Sleeping pills? Gun?

In a way it is insane to end my life voluntarily. Throughout my life I have helped and furthered so many people. Nothing came back, ever. Sucks.

Christobal

Physics news on Phys.org
Dorothy Parker said:
Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acids stain you
Drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You may as well live
http://www.avendano.org/quote/quote2.html"

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Should I bow out of a competition if I don't think I can win?

It ultimately depends on your personal goals and values. If winning is your main priority, then it may be best to bow out if you don't think you have a chance. However, if the competition aligns with your passions and you still want to participate, then it may be worth staying in and giving it your all.

2. Is it ever okay to bow out of a project or task at work?

Again, it depends on your individual situation. If you are feeling overwhelmed or are unable to fulfill your responsibilities, it may be best to communicate with your team and bow out of the project. However, if it is simply a matter of not wanting to put in the effort, it may be better to push through and complete the task.

3. How do I know when it's the right time to bow out of a relationship?

If the relationship is causing you more stress, pain, or unhappiness than joy, it may be time to consider bowing out. It's important to communicate with your partner and try to work through any issues, but if they cannot be resolved, it may be best for both parties to move on.

4. Should I bow out of a conversation if it becomes too heated or uncomfortable?

It is always okay to remove yourself from a conversation that is making you uncomfortable or causing conflict. It's important to prioritize your own well-being and boundaries. However, if it is a productive and respectful discussion, it may be beneficial to stay and listen to different perspectives.

5. Is it better to bow out of a commitment or to follow through even if I don't want to?

This depends on the specific commitment and your reasons for wanting to bow out. If it is a minor commitment and you simply don't feel like doing it, it may be better to follow through and fulfill your obligation. However, if it is a major commitment and your heart is not in it, it may be best to bow out and avoid any potential negative consequences of not giving your full effort.