Should I Submit My CommonApp Without Completed Recommendation Letters?

• Thread starter Nerd10
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about whether or not to click the submit button on the CommonApp even though the recommender has not finished the recommendation letters. The advice is to submit it unless the school specifically requires recommendations for admission consideration. One person shares their experience of submitting their CommonApp early and waiting for the recommender to submit their recommendation. The general consensus is to submit the CommonApp and the school will review it once the recommendation is in.
Nerd10
The commonapp, member questions and assign recommenders are all ready. Should I click on the submit button even though my teachers didn't finish the recommendation letters? This is commonapp.

Physics news on Phys.org
What schools are you applying to? If the school makes recommendations a requirement for admission consideration I wouldn't. It's too risky and even though you may have excellent grades and test scores, why get denied, because of recommendations. Unless the admission deadline is today or tomorrow so you couldn't get any reccomendations period, I wouldn't.

I submitted my CommonApp to Purdue on August 1st (the day it opened) and my recommender got his recommendation in around August 20th. It worked fine for me... You're only "submitting" the part you do. The school will wait to review it until your recommendation is in.

Submit it!

Thank you, NextElement.

I would suggest waiting until all of your recommendation letters have been completed before clicking the submit button on your commonapp. While it may be tempting to submit everything that is ready, it is important to ensure that all components of your application are complete before submitting. This will give you the best chance of being considered for admission. Additionally, it is important to give your teachers enough time to complete their recommendation letters, as they play a crucial role in supporting your application. It may be helpful to communicate with your teachers and remind them of the deadline for submission. Overall, it is important to have a complete and polished application before hitting the submit button.

FAQ: Should I Submit My CommonApp Without Completed Recommendation Letters?

1. Should I submit my commonapp if I haven't finished all sections?

If you haven't finished all sections of your commonapp, it is generally recommended that you wait until you have completed all necessary information before submitting. This will ensure that your application is as complete and accurate as possible. However, if the deadline is approaching, it may be better to submit with missing sections and then update them later.

2. Can I make changes to my commonapp after I submit it?

Yes, you can make changes to your commonapp after you have submitted it. However, once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make any changes to the main body of your application. You can only make changes to certain sections, such as your contact information or test scores.

3. Is there a benefit to submitting my commonapp earlier?

Yes, there are several benefits to submitting your commonapp earlier. Many colleges and universities have rolling admissions, which means they review applications as they come in and may fill up their spots before the official deadline. Additionally, submitting earlier gives you more time to make any necessary corrections or updates to your application.

4. Can I submit my commonapp to multiple colleges?

Yes, you can submit your commonapp to multiple colleges. The commonapp allows you to select and send your application to multiple institutions. However, keep in mind that each college may have different requirements or supplemental materials that you will need to submit in addition to your commonapp.

5. Is there a fee for submitting my commonapp?

Yes, there is a fee for submitting your commonapp. The fee varies depending on the number of colleges you are applying to and your financial situation. However, there are fee waivers available for students with financial need. You can check with your high school counselor or the commonapp website for more information on fee waivers.