Show for tensors (A · B) : C = A^T · C : B = C · B^T : A

  • Thread starter Thread starter bubbles_kav
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Tensors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
bubbles_kav
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


using Einstein notation, show the following identities are true

(A · B) : C = A^T · C : B = C · B^T : A



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


(A · B) : C=(A_{ij} · B_{jk} ) : C
= D_{ik} C_{ik}
= C_{ik} D_{ik}
= C_{ik} (A_{ij} · B_{jk} )

That's as far as I can get. No clue as what to do next, any pointers would be
greatly appreciated :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the response :)
I got it solved since then, I had trouble trying to convert the double inner product as
a summation. Once I figured that out, it was as easy as pie