Sickening Ignorance: Was Yoga Made in America?

• Thread starter klusener
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ignorance
In summary, the conversation touches on the topic of the origin of yoga. One person had a negative experience with an American yoga teacher who claimed that yoga is an "All-American" exercise. This sparked a discussion among several people who chimed in with their own thoughts and opinions on the matter. Some believed that yoga was invented in America, while others knew that it originated in India. The conversation also highlights the lack of knowledge and education among many Americans on this topic. Ultimately, the conversation shows the complexity of the origins of yoga and how it has evolved over time.
mattmns said:
I did not know where yoga was invented, and personally I don't care.

Good point, well argued. Anyway, ignorance is more fun than knowledge - any idiot knows that.

mattmns said:
...everything originated in the US.

I think you'll find that was Pandora's box. In any case, the US itself was invented by the Italians (Columbus), English (founding fathers), and French (Liberty etc).

Physics news on Phys.org
Loren Booda said:
klusenerTo me this "teacher" sounds more arrogantly racist, with an inferiority complex, than ignorant. He does not represent the majority of Americans. I offer that violence is the antithesis to yoga.

That feller can teach me yoga or politics or whatever he likes any day of the week. In fact he should have his own show on telly. Hell, why isn't he running for office?

Loren Booda said:
Be glad that you did not react with base instinct.

Don't diss baser instincts. Hell, I love that bit where she crosses her legs :rolleyes:

Loren Booda said:
What would the world be with everyone lashing out physically when just a knowing smile and fixed gaze can suffice?

You mean like this: :smile: ?