A Signal Processing and the Duffing ODE

Hi PF!

Attached are two plots: signal.pdf is a solution from the Duffing ODE, and plots vertical displacement over time, both the raw signal (blue) and the reconstructed signal from an FFT (red). I've also shown a zoomed in view so you can see how oscillatory the signal is.

pow.pdf plots the FFT, showing one main frequency observed.

My question is, have I correctly reconstructed this signal? Sure look like I've done something terribly wrong, but perhaps I have not?

Attachments

NVM, I figured it out. Thanks though.

So what was it sampling rate wrong?

Yep! Only took me all afternoon to figure it our lol

There that's frequency constraint aka the Nyquist frequency that always gets me.

When we first did FFT plots in MATLAB we constructed a dual signal by adding two sine curves and then checking to see that the FFT got the spectrum right.

There that's frequency constraint aka the Nyquist frequency that always gets me.

When we first did FFT plots in MATLAB we constructed a dual signal by adding two sine curves and then checking to see that the FFT got the spectrum right.
That's ultimately how I figured out what was wrong actually...take it back to a pure sine wave and it better be 100% accurate right?