Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Silica suspension for protective application

1. Aug 9, 2008 #1
    halo
    i've 1 project for my thesis. its about polymer dispersion in the protective application....

i've 2 option of material
    1. PMMA+ PEG
    2. CATALLOID SILICA + PEG

u guys thinks which one is better...............
    i need some opinions from u guys............

anyway i from malaysia

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2008 #2

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What is your protective application? What are you protecting against? If you are trying to protect a surface exposed to hard UV rays the answer will be different than if you are trying to protect a surface from moisture.

4. Aug 12, 2008 #3
    i'm focus on polymer dispersion based shear thickening fluid-fabric for protection application... such as sport pads n body armor........

but i was not used neat kevlar for the fabric but i want used neat nylon n cotton.....
    even i know the strength of the kevlar is slightly higher than nylon n cotton.....
    in the malaysia,,,buy the excellent kevlar for my thesis is impossible because of the its price.......

so, what do u think chemistree...... i needs a guide from u for doing right thing in my thesis......

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?