Silica suspension for protective application

In summary, the conversation is about a thesis project focused on polymer dispersion in a protective application, specifically for sport pads and body armor. The person is considering two options for materials - PMMA+PEG and Catalloid Silica+PEG - and is seeking opinions on which one would be better. They mention that they are from Malaysia and that buying excellent Kevlar for their thesis is not possible due to its high price. They also mention that they want to use nylon and cotton instead of Kevlar, even though Kevlar has slightly higher strength. They are seeking guidance on which materials to use for their thesis project.
polymer
halo
i've 1 project for my thesis. its about polymer dispersion in the protective application...

i've 2 option of material
1. PMMA+ PEG
2. CATALLOID SILICA + PEG

u guys thinks which one is better...
i need some opinions from u guys...

anyway i from malaysia

Engineering news on Phys.org
What is your protective application? What are you protecting against? If you are trying to protect a surface exposed to hard UV rays the answer will be different than if you are trying to protect a surface from moisture.

i'm focus on polymer dispersion based shear thickening fluid-fabric for protection application... such as sport pads n body armor...

but i was not used neat kevlar for the fabric but i want used neat nylon n cotton...
even i know the strength of the kevlar is slightly higher than nylon n cotton...
in the malaysia,,,buy the excellent kevlar for my thesis is impossible because of the its price...

so, what do u think chemistree... i needs a guide from u for doing right thing in my thesis...

1. What is silica suspension for protective application?

Silica suspension for protective application is a liquid mixture containing silica particles that is applied to various surfaces for protection against damage or corrosion. It is commonly used in industries such as automotive, marine, and construction.

2. How does silica suspension provide protection?

When applied to a surface, the silica suspension creates a protective barrier that prevents moisture, chemicals, and other harmful substances from coming into contact with the surface. This barrier also helps to prevent scratches, dents, and other physical damage.

3. Is silica suspension safe to use?

Yes, silica suspension is generally considered safe to use. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and wear protective gear, such as gloves and a mask, when handling the suspension. It is also important to avoid inhaling the particles and keep the suspension away from children and pets.

4. Can silica suspension be applied to any surface?

Silica suspension can be applied to a variety of surfaces, including metal, plastic, glass, and painted surfaces. However, it is always recommended to test a small, inconspicuous area before applying the suspension to the entire surface.

5. How long does the protection from silica suspension last?

The duration of protection provided by silica suspension can vary depending on the type of surface and environmental factors. However, on average, the protection can last for several months to a year. The surface may need to be re-coated with the suspension periodically for continued protection.