Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Silvaco Atlas export Energy Band Diagram programatically

Tags:
  1. Jun 10, 2014 #1
    Hi,

I perform my post-processing and analysis of data from silvaco in matlab and would like to export values from the .str file to a file that can be read easily into matlab. Does anyone know of a way to do this programmatically? I can do it in tonyplot, but I've got everything else scripted and often run several input decks simultaneously. I don't really want to have to use tonyplot to plot each .str file then drop a cutline, change the displayed parameters, and export each one individually.

For Example, I output the concentration of acceptors and donors, and the valence band and conduction band energies to the .str file. If I want to export the conduction band potential energy vs. the depth what command would I use?

I've tried:

>>output band.param con.band val.band e.mob h.mob
    >>
    >>save outf=Cond_Band.str cutline x.cutline=0.5

But it errors (and I don't know how to specify the conduction band display).

I want something like the extract command for .log files, but in this case for .str files.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

4. Jul 29, 2014 #3
    That's alright, I was unable to solve this problem and have placed it on the back burner for the time being. I'd still like to implement this in the future, however, if anyone knows how to export energy band diagrams from silvaco.

5. Nov 25, 2014 #4

I think you should use the EXTRACT function - see deckbuild manual, around page 137 for the variables you can extract.
    Or look around - there are some utilities out there for reading structure files I believe though I don't use them so I can't help more.
    Work out how to use extract is my advice.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook