Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple 555 timer circuit needed.

1. Feb 9, 2007 #1
    Hi all, great forum here. Hope to learn a lot.

I am looking for a sample LM555 circuit. In simple terms I am looking what I think to be a reverse of the monostable circuits I have seen.

More or less I have a switch that needs to be held down for 1 sec before the circuit is active (pin 3 high on the LM555). Or is there another circuit? I think the 555 would do what I need, just need a sample circuit to bump me in the right direction.

Reseting the circuit I think I can handle, but just need a simple circuit to get me there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2007 #2
    You could put a push button on the trigger pin to signal a start of a cycle.

4. Feb 10, 2007 #3
    That is sort of what I a doing now. The switch needs to be held down for one second and then before pin 3 goes high.

If that makes better sense.

5. Feb 10, 2007 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You might want to check into the 556 chip. It's a dual 555 timer. See if you can use one to trigger the other after 3 seconds if the switch is still depressed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?