1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple calculus

1. Sep 27, 2008 #1
    41. Find the Horizontal Asymptotes for17x/(x^4+1)^1/4 The answer I got is 17 and –17 . Can anyone correct me if I’m wrong?

62. f(x)= 4x^3+13x^2+11x+24 / x+3 when x<-3f(x)= 3x^2+3x+A when -3 less than or equal to xWhat is A in order for it to be continuous at -3?I don’t understand the top function but the bottom function I know is that I need to figure out the top and then make it equal to each other to find what A is since it only needs direct substitution

79. f is continous at (-inf, + inf)f(y) = cy+3 range is (-inf,3)f(y) = cy^2-3 range is (3,+inf)what is C?C= 1 Am I correct?I did c(3)+3 and c(3^2)-3 and set them equal to each other and got 1.

81. Let f(x) = {2x^2+3 x -65) / (x-5)Show that f(x) has a removable discontinuity at x=5 and determine what value for f(5) would make f(x) continuous at x=5.Must define f(5)=The answer is 23? First I factored it and made it into 2x+13 and used direct substitution.Thanks for yoru time !
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2008 #2
    Bump (10char) help please, this is dealing with asymptotes, polynomials and basically limits.
  4. Sep 28, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?