Simplification and solving of equation

• Thread starter chikis
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed two problems: (1) Simplifying 1/4(2n-2n+2); and (2) Solving the equation 2(2x+1)-9(2x)+4=0. Suggestions were given to combine like terms in the first problem and to rewrite the first term in the second problem to make it easier to solve. The person asking for help may need to spend more time practicing and familiarizing themselves with using latex.
chikis said:
For the second question, solve the equation:
2(2x+1)- 9(2x) + 4 = 0

I don't just know how to start dealing with the question. It is really a troubsome question.

2(2x+1)=22x×21
22x=(2x)2

Physics news on Phys.org
azizlwl said:
2(2x+1)=22x×21
22x=(2x)2

What about the - 9(2x) + 4? What can I do with that one?

azizlwl said:
2(2x+1)=22x×21
22x=(2x)2

2(2x)2+9(2x)+4=0

(2x)2+(9/2)(2x)=-2

(2x)2+(9/2)(2x) +(9/4)2=-2+(9/4)2

If 2x confuse you, :confused: , replace it with y. Remember to replace it to original value in the final calculation.

Last edited:
chikis said:
Is everybody tired? Yet the problem is not yet finished. I brought two problem here, one has been dealt with, what about the other one? Is that the other is beyond what you can handle? Don't make me think like that please!
Excuse me? You need to quit with the attitude mate.

I've also told you that you need to fix your browser or whatever the problem is so that you can read latex, because we aren't going to be bending over backwards for your every command.
It's quite amazing that you expect all the helpers in this thread to toss out their primary math display tool and be forced to work with a more crude system just for you, especially when it seems like you haven't appreciated any of the help given thus far.

Last edited:
Mentallic said:
Excuse me? You need to quit with the attitude mate.

I've also told you that you need to fix your browser or whatever the problem is so that you can read latex, because we aren't going to be bending over backwards for your every command.
It's quite amazing that you expect all the helpers in this thread to toss out their primary math display tool and be forced to work with a more crude system just for you, especially when it seems like you haven't appreciated any of the help given thus far.

I agree. As far as I am concerned the poster does not deserve to be helped. He wants us to do all the work, at his convenience, and to keep working away until we have finally presented him with a solution he can turn in and receive credit for (meanwhile, learning nothing). He is arrogant and stubborn, and just about the most impolite poster I have seen on this Forum.

RGV

chikis said:
Is everybody tired? Yet the problem is not yet finished. I brought two problem here, one has been dealt with, what about the other one? Is that the other is beyond what you can handle? Don't make me think like that please!

Take a look at the Advanced Physics and Calculus & Beyond sections. Do you honestly think that there aren't people here who could solve that in a minute?

I can't believe someone has the guts to be this impolite to people who are trying to help him. You've dragged this thread on for five pages. Don't you think it's time to follow the advice people have given to you and ask your teacher about this. I'm just repeating what others have said, but you clearly need more help in maths than you can get here.

DeIdeal said:
Take a look at the Advanced Physics and Calculus & Beyond sections. Do you honestly think that there aren't people here who could solve that in a minute?

I can't believe someone has the guts to be this impolite to people who are trying to help him. You've dragged this thread on for five pages. Don't you think it's time to follow the advice people have given to you and ask your teacher about this. I'm just repeating what others have said, but you clearly need more help in maths than you can get here.

Sorry please,I don't mean to be this rude. Is just that the problem is still remaining one.

Ray Vickson said:
I agree. As far as I am concerned the poster does not deserve to be helped. He wants us to do all the work, at his convenience, and to keep working away until we have finally presented him with a solution he can turn in and receive credit for (meanwhile, learning nothing). He is arrogant and stubborn, and just about the most impolite poster I have seen on this Forum.

RGV

What have I done? I don't mean to be this rude, am only asking for help please!

eumyang said:
[itex]2^{2x+1} - 9\cdot 2^x + 4[/itex]
Rewrite the 1st term so it looks like (something) times 22x.

azizlwl said:
2(2x)2+9(2x)+4=0

(2x)2+(9/2)(2x)=-2

(2x)2+(9/2)(2x) +(9/4)2=-2+(9/4)2

If 2x confuse you, :confused: , replace it with y. Remember to replace it to original value in the final calculation.

chikis said:
Sorry please,I don't mean to be this rude. Is just that the problem is still remaining one.

Folks have been helping out on this. You would help yourself by paying attention to what these people have been saying throughout this thread.

If you don't understand what eumyang and aziz are saying above, then your next step should be to talk to your teacher, which has been suggested before in this thread.

chikis said:

Drop the attitude please.

Mark44 said:
Folks have been helping out on this. You would help yourself by paying attention to what these people have been saying throughout this thread.

If you don't understand what eumyang and aziz are saying above, then your next step should be to talk to your teacher, which has been suggested before in this thread.

I agree. There's nothing more that we can do here. And since the OP has an attitude problem, I'm going to lock this.