Simulated many preamps from the web on TINA

• Thread starter m718
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Web
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of simulating preamp circuits using TINA. The user has tried simulating both transistor and opamp preamps but has not been able to get proper results. They also mention a problem with component values not appearing after saving the file. Another user suggests troubleshooting by using voltage controlled voltage sources, but the original user mentions difficulty reading the schematic and not seeing a negative supply for the op-amp. The issue is resolved by correcting the connection of the negative supply to the top op-amp.
m718
I simulated many preamps from the web on TINA and none of the circuits show proper results
am I doing something wrong or preamps can't be simulated? I tried transistor and opamp ones.
here is an example.
For some reason the component values are not there after I save the file.
here is the link "http://cds.linear.com/docs/Datasheet/lt1115fa.pdf"
under TYPICAL APPLICATIONS

Attachments

• 1522.JPG
    1522.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org

I don't use TINA but, in any SPICE based engine, you can troubleshoot your circuit by replacing the Op Amps with voltage controlled voltage sources. Make their gains 100000. If it works, you have a problem with your Op Amp models. If it does not, there is a problem with the program itself. A VCVS with high gain acts as an ideal Op Amp.

It is difficult to read the schematic. On my screen the connections appear yellow on white. Cannot see the dots as well. Please repost with black connections.

I don't see your negative supply to the op-amp.

dlgoff said:
I don't see your negative supply to the op-amp.

It's there, it's just connected incorrectly to the top amp. The supply wires need to be reversed on it.

1. What is TINA and how does it simulate preamps?

TINA is a popular simulation software used by scientists and engineers to design and test electronic circuits. It uses mathematical models and algorithms to mimic the behavior of real-world components, allowing users to simulate the performance of preamps and other electronic circuits.

2. Can TINA simulate any type of preamp?

Yes, TINA has a wide range of preamp models available, including operational amplifiers, transistors, and digital signal processors. Users can also create custom models or import preamp models from other sources.

3. How accurate are the results from TINA's preamp simulations?

The accuracy of TINA's simulations depends on the quality of the preamp model used and the accuracy of the input parameters. In general, TINA's simulations are highly accurate and have been validated by numerous scientific studies and real-world applications.

4. Can TINA simulate multiple preamps at once?

Yes, TINA has the ability to simulate multiple preamps in a single circuit design. This allows users to compare and analyze the performance of different preamp models and configurations.

5. Is TINA user-friendly for those without a strong background in electronics?

TINA has a user-friendly interface and provides helpful tutorials and guides for beginners. However, a basic understanding of electronics and circuit design is recommended for optimal use of the software.