Simulink Help (i would imagine its a pretty simple solution)

• Thread starter Davieslad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simulink
In summary, the conversation is about a simulation of a vehicle braking system. The system uses a parachute and conventional brakes to decelerate the vehicle from 400 mph to zero. In order to prevent the brakes from overheating, they need to be used at a lower velocity. The existing simulink model takes into account the parachute, drag force, and wheel brakes at 400 mph. The person is seeking advice on how to prevent the wheel brakes from being effective until the vehicle reaches a lower velocity. It is later revealed that an embedded MATLAB function was used to solve the issue.
Davieslad
I have a system, setup to simulate the braking of a vehicle.

the vehicle decelerates from 400 mph to zero using a parachute, and conventional brakes

the parachute deploys at 400mph

to prevent the brakes from overheating they need to be used at a lower velocity

at present i have a simulink model which takes into account the parachute, the drag force off the car, and the wheel brakes, all from 400mph.

wheelspic-1.jpg

does anyone know what sort of 'block' would be most appropriate to stop the constant 'wheelbrakes' having any effect until v=200mph?

cheers

ed

Physics news on Phys.org
as it turn out, it was! i used the embedded MATLAB function to write a simple if statement...

so simple whaen you know how..

Based on the information provided, it seems like the most appropriate block to use would be a conditional subsystem block. This block allows for a certain condition to be met before allowing the signal to pass through. In this case, the condition would be the vehicle's velocity reaching 200mph. This would prevent the wheel brakes from being activated until the desired velocity is reached, preventing overheating. Additionally, you may also want to consider implementing a temperature sensor and a control system to monitor and adjust the usage of the wheel brakes to prevent overheating.

What is Simulink?

Simulink is a graphical programming environment used for modeling, simulating, and analyzing dynamic systems. It is commonly used in fields such as engineering, physics, and mathematics.

How do I access Simulink Help?

To access Simulink Help, simply click on the "Help" button in the Simulink toolbar. This will open up a window with a search bar where you can type in your query or browse through the available documentation.

Can I customize the Simulink Help window?

Yes, you can customize the Simulink Help window by clicking on the "Settings" button in the toolbar. From there, you can change the font size, search options, and other display settings according to your preferences.

Is there a way to search for specific functions or blocks in Simulink Help?

Yes, you can search for specific functions or blocks in Simulink Help by using the search bar in the Help window. You can also narrow down your search by specifying the type of content you are looking for, such as examples, documentation, or release notes.

Are there any additional resources for learning Simulink?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning Simulink, including tutorials, webinars, and online courses. You can also refer to the official Simulink documentation, which provides detailed explanations and examples for different features and functions.