Six Baryons that contain a Charm Quark?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the isospin vs. charge diagram for a sextet, but the questioner is confused about the number of baryons with charm quarks. They ask if there are any quark combination rules for baryons that they are missing. The other person suggests some possible combinations and asks if they are correct.
Bowenwww

Homework Statement

Basically I've been asked to draw a isospin vs. charge diagram - not a problem. But the question states that this is a sextet, but when I look at the combinations/look up baryons with charm quarks - there are many more than six! Am I missing some quark combination rules for baryons?

Homework Equations

Q = -1, 0, 1

The Attempt at a Solution

For example what is wrong with the combinations

csb
cds
cdb
cud
cus
ctd
cts
ctb

etc.?

Thanks in advance for the help guys :(

Physics news on Phys.org
Hang on, am I right in thinking they're:

ddc
udc
uuc
dsc
ssc
usc?

1. What are the six baryons that contain a charm quark?

The six baryons that contain a charm quark are the Λc+, Ξc0, Ξc+, Ωc0, Σc++, and Ωc++.

2. What is a charm quark?

A charm quark is a type of elementary particle that is one of the six quarks that make up matter. It has a charge of +2/3 and is a component of particles such as protons and neutrons.

3. How are the six baryons with a charm quark different from each other?

Each of the six baryons with a charm quark have different combinations of other quarks and their respective spins and charges, making them unique particles with distinct properties.

4. Why is it important to study the six baryons that contain a charm quark?

The study of these baryons can help us better understand the fundamental building blocks of matter and the strong nuclear force that holds them together. It can also provide insight into the behavior of quarks and their interactions.

5. How are the six baryons with a charm quark produced and detected in experiments?

These baryons are typically produced in high-energy particle collisions, such as those at the Large Hadron Collider. They are then detected using specialized detectors that can identify the unique signatures of these particles based on their properties and decay products.