1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Software or Hardware

1. May 23, 2012 #1
    Hi.
    A few qualifying statements:
    1. I know that you don't know me, but based on the info provided, what do you think?
    2. The cost of education is worth it to me.

My conundrum: whether to major in Hardware or Software Engineering?

About me: I'm solid in math, I've built many PC's and have taken 1 Java OOD class that I loved. Also, I love physically building things, primarily PC related.

My problem is that I have 2 passions, I love both software programming and physically building Arduino circuit boards, and misc hardware.

I still have at least one year to decide. Which resources would you recommend to aid in my decision?

How might I go about deciding?

If I continue at State for an additional year I can earn a concurrent degree, that is to say, a Baccalaureate in both Software Engineering and Computer Hardware Engineering for 14k more.

Does it make sense to get a concurrent degree right away or should I flip a coin and go with one?

I can't seem to choose between them...

Thanks.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted