Help Needed for Solar Panel Project

In summary, a senior electronics engineering student is seeking help for their project on a heliostat skylight. They plan to use a 8051 microcontroller to interface between inputs, including four photodiode sensors and two stepper motors, and will use an uln2003 circuit for the motors. They also have a question about using one uln2003 for two stepper motors and how to connect a solar panel as the power source for the project.
toomy
need help please

hi all

i need hulp on my project

Im a senior electronic engineer student .

my project is about heliostat skylight which use a mirror to reflect sun light to spacefic target.
I'm going to use 8051 microcontroller to interface btween inputs which they are 4 photodiode sensor depand on 12v and outputs which 2 stepper motor with 5v . For stepper motor I'll use uln2003 to make stepper motor driver circuit. 8051 microcontroller has a ADC so it will be easy to connect the sensor.

1- can i use 1 uln2003 for 2 stepper motor?
2- if i want the power source for the whole project solar panel, how can i connect it to my project?

please i need your help help me please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org

toomy said:
Im a senior electronic engineer student .

my project is about heliostat skylight which use a mirror to reflect sun light to spacefic target.
I'm going to use 8051 microcontroller to interface btween inputs which they are 4 photodiode sensor depand on 12v and outputs which 2 stepper motor with 5v . For stepper motor I'll use uln2003 to make stepper motor driver circuit. 8051 microcontroller has a ADC so it will be easy to connect the sensor.

1- can i use 1 uln2003 for 2 stepper motor?
2- if i want the power source for the whole project solar panel, how can i connect it to my project?

Welcome to PF toomy!

A few notes:
Don't use a stupid font when posting (a senior electronics student should be aware of that).
Don't make the writing huge, same reason as above.
Name your thread appropriately based on its content.

I'm not so sure about your first question, but so far as a solar panel goes you would connect it up the same way as any other power source (slight variation depending on whether it is direct powering the device or storing the energy for use later).

Jared

jarednjames said:
Welcome to PF toomy!

A few notes:
Don't use a stupid font when posting (a senior electronics student should be aware of that).
Don't make the writing huge, same reason as above.
Name your thread appropriately based on its content.

I'm not so sure about your first question, but so far as a solar panel goes you would connect it up the same way as any other power source (slight variation depending on whether it is direct powering the device or storing the energy for use later).

Jared

thank you for the advices, i will try to do my best about it.

thx for help about the solar panel.

(Font edited in Post #1)

Hello, I am a scientist with experience in solar panel projects. I can see that you have a clear idea for your project and have already planned out the use of a microcontroller and stepper motors. To answer your questions, yes, you can use one ULN2003 for two stepper motors. However, you will need to make sure that the ULN2003 can handle the current requirements of both motors. As for connecting a solar panel as the power source, you will need to use a voltage regulator to regulate the voltage from the solar panel to the required voltage for your project. You can also use a battery as a backup power source in case of low sunlight or cloudy days. I would recommend consulting with a solar panel expert to ensure proper connections and safety measures for your project. Best of luck!

1. What is a solar panel project?

A solar panel project is an initiative to install and use solar panels to generate electricity. Solar panels are devices that convert sunlight into electricity, and a solar panel project involves setting up these panels in a specific location to harness and utilize the sun's energy.

2. Why is help needed for a solar panel project?

Help may be needed for a solar panel project for various reasons. It could be due to the complexity of the project, the need for specialized skills and knowledge, or the need for additional resources and support. Help may also be needed to ensure the project's success and sustainability in the long term.

3. What tasks are involved in a solar panel project?

A solar panel project typically involves several tasks, including site selection, designing the solar panel system, obtaining necessary permits and approvals, procuring materials, installation, and maintenance. Other tasks may also include conducting feasibility studies, budgeting, and monitoring the project's progress.

4. How can I contribute to a solar panel project?

There are various ways in which you can contribute to a solar panel project, depending on your skills, resources, and availability. You can volunteer your time and expertise, provide financial support, donate materials, or spread awareness about the project. You can also support the use of clean and renewable energy in your own home or community.

5. What are the benefits of a solar panel project?

There are numerous benefits of a solar panel project, including reducing dependence on fossil fuels, reducing carbon footprint, providing clean and renewable energy, and potentially saving money on electricity bills. Solar panel projects also create job opportunities, contribute to sustainable development, and promote environmental protection.