Solar Panel project

• Thread starter toomy
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

need help plz

hi all

i need hulp on my project

Im a senior electronic engineer student .

my project is about heliostat skylight which use a mirror to reflect sun light to spacefic target.
I'm going to use 8051 microcontroller to interface btween inputs which they are 4 photodiode sensor depand on 12v and outputs which 2 stepper motor with 5v . For stepper motor I'll use uln2003 to make stepper motor driver circuit. 8051 microcontroller has a ADC so it will be easy to connect the sensor.

1- can i use 1 uln2003 for 2 stepper motor?
2- if i want the power source for the whole project solar panel, how can i connect it to my project?

please i need your help help me please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Im a senior electronic engineer student .

my project is about heliostat skylight which use a mirror to reflect sun light to spacefic target.
I'm going to use 8051 microcontroller to interface btween inputs which they are 4 photodiode sensor depand on 12v and outputs which 2 stepper motor with 5v . For stepper motor I'll use uln2003 to make stepper motor driver circuit. 8051 microcontroller has a ADC so it will be easy to connect the sensor.

1- can i use 1 uln2003 for 2 stepper motor?
2- if i want the power source for the whole project solar panel, how can i connect it to my project?
Welcome to PF toomy!

A few notes:
Don't use a stupid font when posting (a senior electronics student should be aware of that).
Don't make the writing huge, same reason as above.
Name your thread appropriately based on its content.

I'm not so sure about your first question, but so far as a solar panel goes you would connect it up the same way as any other power source (slight variation depending on whether it is direct powering the device or storing the energy for use later).

Jared

Welcome to PF toomy!

A few notes:
Don't use a stupid font when posting (a senior electronics student should be aware of that).
Don't make the writing huge, same reason as above.
Name your thread appropriately based on its content.

I'm not so sure about your first question, but so far as a solar panel goes you would connect it up the same way as any other power source (slight variation depending on whether it is direct powering the device or storing the energy for use later).

Jared
thank you for the advices, i will try to do my best about it.

thx for help about the solar panel.

berkeman
Mentor

(Font edited in Post #1)