What are some recommended resources for Solidworks 2011 training?

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    solidworks
They also offer online training courses and certification programs, which can be a more comprehensive and structured way to learn the software. Additionally, there are many third-party resources available such as books, videos, and courses specifically geared towards experienced drafters. Some popular options include "Mastering SolidWorks" by Matt Lombard and "SolidWorks 2011 Tutorial" by David Planchard. Overall, with a budget of a few hundred dollars and the potential for additional funds from interested colleagues, there are plenty of options available for you to learn SolidWorks in the midatlantic region. In summary, there are various resources available for learning SolidWorks in the midatlantic region, including built-in tutorials, online training courses, certification programs, and third-party
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Anyone have any recommendations for video, book, or course (midatlantic region) to learn SW 2011? My company uses PRO/E almost exclusively, but we have a new customer who uses SW. I have approval to get training. Budget for training is a few hundred, and if its a course, I can probably find some other interested people from our design pool and could probably get more funds allocated.

It would need to be geared towards experienced drafters. I have about 5 years of PRO/E, and I'm one of the novices here.

Anyone have any experience with any of the books or videos out there?

Thanks,

Engineering news on Phys.org
Solidworks has some really good built-in tutorials, and you should be able to get through them all in a day or two.

What is Solidworks 2011 training?

Solidworks 2011 training is a program designed to teach individuals how to use the Solidworks 2011 software, which is a 3D CAD (computer-aided design) software used for creating models and designs for engineering and manufacturing purposes.

Why is Solidworks 2011 training important?

Solidworks 2011 training is important because it allows individuals to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively use the software for designing and creating 3D models. This can be beneficial for engineers, designers, and manufacturers who need to create accurate and detailed designs for their projects.

Who can benefit from Solidworks 2011 training?

Anyone who is interested in learning how to use the Solidworks 2011 software can benefit from the training. This includes students, professionals, and hobbyists who want to improve their skills in 3D CAD design.

What topics are covered in Solidworks 2011 training?

The training typically covers basic to advanced features of the Solidworks 2011 software, including creating 3D models, assemblies, and drawings, as well as using tools and functions such as sketching, modeling, and simulations.

Is previous experience required for Solidworks 2011 training?

No, previous experience is not required for Solidworks 2011 training. However, having basic computer skills and familiarity with 3D modeling concepts can be beneficial for learning the software more easily.