Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solution manuals

1. Aug 28, 2011 #1
    Hi , I'm learning mathematical Physics on my own .but there is a problem that there are no solutions presented for the exercises in the textbooks so how to make sure I found the correct answers? . alot of problems however requires proving an equality for example but some problems may be hard to solve.Is it essential to have a solution manual for the problems ?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2011 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

There should be textbooks with solutions for half of the problems. Have you looked for some of them?

4. Aug 29, 2011 #3
    I have mathematical methods for physics and engineering by arfken but it doesn't have any solution to any problems .

5. Aug 31, 2011 #4
    I believe "mathematical methods for physics and engineering" by Riley has a student solutions manual with half the problems completed

6. Aug 31, 2011 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I think this is one of the typical complaints I see of the text. There is no solutions available for that text as far as I know.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook