1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solution manuals

1. Aug 28, 2011 #1
    Hi , I'm learning mathematical Physics on my own .but there is a problem that there are no solutions presented for the exercises in the textbooks so how to make sure I found the correct answers? . alot of problems however requires proving an equality for example but some problems may be hard to solve.Is it essential to have a solution manual for the problems ?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2011 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

There should be textbooks with solutions for half of the problems. Have you looked for some of them?

4. Aug 29, 2011 #3
    I have mathematical methods for physics and engineering by arfken but it doesn't have any solution to any problems .

5. Aug 31, 2011 #4
    I believe "mathematical methods for physics and engineering" by Riley has a student solutions manual with half the problems completed

6. Aug 31, 2011 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I think this is one of the typical complaints I see of the text. There is no solutions available for that text as far as I know.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook