Solve Air Spring Equations for Walking System

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ajal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Air Spring
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
ajal
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am modeling some king of walking system, and I need to use air spring. The one that is conventionally used (I think so) has an energy equation like:

U(x) = K/2 * (1/x^2 - 1/x0^2)

I am trying do derive the "force" equation for this air spring so I can use if with Newton's second law equations of motion.

Would you please help me with this. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Please explain this "king of walking system". Is it a system that allows you to walk like a king or is it the king of all "walking systems" (whatever a walking system is)?
 
Force is connected with potential energy with this formula:

F(x)=-dU/dx