Solving Hermitical Operator Homework Questions

• Thread starter Tegalad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Operator
In summary, the conversation is about finding the integral of f(r) over a range of 0 to infinity, using the integration by parts method. The final answer is confirmed to be correct.
Tegalad

Homework Statement

1.png

pGH9JMS

Homework Equations

ITA2sCp

2.png

The Attempt at a Solution

Should I do this
3.png
IY4ULEt
or I can just simplify it like this
4.png
QRu7MeC
?
And also what would the integral of f(r) equal to at -inf<r<0?

Physics news on Phys.org
##\int_{0}^{\infty} \psi^*i\frac{\partial}{\partial r} r^2 \varphi dr##

The range of ##r## is ##0## to ##\infty##. For your first step, you might try an integration by parts.

Likes Tegalad
TSny said:

The range of ##r## is ##0## to ##\infty##. For your first step, you might try an integration by parts.
Thank you very much!

TSny said:

I get that the answer is https://imgur.com/OdTtc5D Is it correct?

Yes, I think that's correct.

Likes Tegalad

What is a hermitical operator?

A hermitical operator is a type of mathematical operator that has the property of being self-adjoint, meaning that its adjoint or conjugate transpose is equal to itself. This is an important concept in linear algebra and quantum mechanics.

Why is solving hermitical operator homework questions important?

Solving hermitical operator homework questions is important because it helps students understand the fundamental principles of linear algebra and quantum mechanics. These concepts are used in a wide range of fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science.

What are some common examples of hermitical operators?

Some common examples of hermitical operators include the position and momentum operators in quantum mechanics, the Laplace operator in differential equations, and the adjacency matrix in graph theory.

What are some tips for solving hermitical operator homework questions?

When solving hermitical operator homework questions, it is important to remember that the operator is self-adjoint, meaning that its eigenvalues are all real and its eigenvectors are orthogonal. It is also helpful to use the properties of hermitical operators, such as linearity and commutativity, to simplify the problem.

Are there any resources available for further help with solving hermitical operator homework questions?

Yes, there are many resources available for further help with solving hermitical operator homework questions. These include textbooks, online resources, and tutoring services. It is also beneficial to practice solving a variety of hermitical operator problems to improve understanding and problem-solving skills.