Troubleshooting f(E)q(-E) + f(-E)q(E) - Page 63, 64 equations 7.6, 7.7, 7.8

Good luck!In summary, the conversation discussed using variable substitution in equations 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8 from a text on QFT. The variables were changed to x(E) and it was noted that equation 7.6 involves an integral. The speaker asked for hints on how to proceed with the substitution and simplification process. It was suggested to rearrange the variable substitution to isolate q(E) and determine q(-E), then substitute into equation (7.6) and simplify. The speaker was encouraged to continue with their studies.
koolmodee
We have f(E)q(-E) + f(-E)q(E)

now change to x(E)=q(E) + f(E)/ (term)

and get -(f(E)f(-E))/(term)

I plugged the changed variable in, but didn't get the result, any hints how to proceed?

I got that from page 63, 64 equations 7.6, 7.7, 7.8 from this text: http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~mark/ms-qft-DRAFT.pdf

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
?? 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8 are nothing like what you give here! 7.6 involves an integral and "x" is a change of variable in the integral.

Just rearrange your variable substitution to isolate [itex]q(E)[/itex], and then determine [itex]q(-E)[/itex], and substitute into equation (7.6) and simplify.

No offense, but this should be pretty straightforward for someone who's studying QFT.

FAQ: Troubleshooting f(E)q(-E) + f(-E)q(E) - Page 63, 64 equations 7.6, 7.7, 7.8

1. What is the purpose of troubleshooting equations 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8 on pages 63-64?

The purpose of troubleshooting these equations is to identify and fix any errors or issues that may arise while solving them. These equations are commonly used in physics and engineering, and it is important to be able to troubleshoot them in order to ensure accurate results.

2. What are some common errors that may occur while solving equations 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8?

Some common errors that may occur include incorrect input values, incorrect use of mathematical operations, and rounding errors. It is important to carefully check each step of the solution to identify and correct any errors.

3. How can I determine if I have solved equations 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8 correctly?

One way to determine if you have solved the equations correctly is to double check your work and calculations. You can also plug your solutions back into the original equations to see if they satisfy the given conditions.

4. Are there any tips for effectively troubleshooting equations 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8?

Yes, some tips for effective troubleshooting include carefully checking each step of the solution, using multiple methods to solve the equations, and seeking help from a colleague or instructor if you are stuck on a particular step.

5. What other resources can I use to help me troubleshoot equations 7.6, 7.7, and 7.8?

You can use online forums, textbooks, and other reference materials to help troubleshoot these equations. You can also seek help from a tutor or attend a study group session to work through the equations with others.