How can I solve this equation using the Fisher Information?

In summary, the conversation is about an equation and the concept of likelihood function, with one person seeking clarification and eventually solving the equation with the help of others. The equation involves a function f(X;r) which is a likelihood function of sample X given known value r, and r with a dot above is an unbiased estimator of r. The solution was found by referring to the Fisher Information proving topic.
MythSquare
Can someone explain to me this equation I stuck with. I can't get the right part of it.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5840/ajhvekf.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
r is a function or what?

ohh yes the main part...sry
f(X;r) is a likelihood function of sample X given known value r.
r with dot above is unbiased estimator of r

I think f is likelihood function of data set given value r.

Last edited:
r' is probably not a function of r.

Thx to all who have tried to help me with this.-)
I solved this equation.
I found the answer on the Fisher Information proving topic.

1. What is a derivative of an integral?

A derivative of an integral is a mathematical concept that represents the rate of change of the integral function. It is calculated by taking the derivative of the original function and evaluating it at the limits of integration.

2. How is a derivative of an integral used in science?

A derivative of an integral is used in science to model and analyze the rate of change of various physical quantities, such as velocity, acceleration, and growth. It is also used in many scientific fields, including physics, chemistry, and engineering, to solve problems and make predictions.

3. What is the relationship between a derivative and an integral?

A derivative and an integral are inverse operations of each other. This means that the derivative of an integral function is equal to the original function, and the integral of a derivative function is also equal to the original function.

4. Can you give an example of a derivative of an integral?

One example of a derivative of an integral is the acceleration function, which is the derivative of the velocity function. If we integrate the acceleration function, we will get back the original velocity function.

5. What are the applications of a derivative of an integral?

A derivative of an integral has many applications in science, including modeling physical phenomena, optimizing processes, and predicting future behavior. It is also used in practical applications, such as designing efficient transportation routes, determining optimal resource allocation, and developing new technologies.