Sourcing of Class 4.6 bolts

In summary: Your name]In summary, the conversation is about sourcing Class 4.6 bolts with specific standards and mechanical properties. The individual providing the summary suggests looking into specialized suppliers, specifically requesting for bolts that meet the ISO4762 and ISO4014 standards, and considering custom ordering from a reputable manufacturer. They also offer assistance in finding a reliable source and invite further questions.
bagel_68
Hi all

We have been sourcing Class 4.6 bolts of the following specifications :

1. Acceptable fastener standards: ISO4762 (Cap Heads), ISO4014 (Hexagonal Head), etc
2. Mechanical properties: ISO 898-1:2013 especially Table 2 and 3 with impact energy of at least 27 J tested at – 20 degC or at least 40 J tested at room temperature

However, we have difficulty sourcing these bolts in good quality. Previously, we have bought some bolts but they showed poor performance in elongation and impact tests.

As such, we would appreciate it if any of you could advise any source that we can purchase these Class 4.6 bolts in good quality. Thank you very much.

Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the forum with your question. I have experience in sourcing quality materials for various projects and I understand the importance of finding reliable suppliers.

Based on the specifications you have provided, I would recommend looking into suppliers that specialize in fasteners and have a strong reputation for providing high-quality products. It may also be helpful to specifically request for bolts that meet the ISO4762 and ISO4014 standards, as this will ensure that the bolts are manufactured to the required specifications.

In addition, I would suggest reaching out to multiple suppliers and requesting for samples to conduct your own performance tests. This will give you a better understanding of the quality of the bolts and help you make an informed decision.

Finally, I would also recommend considering the possibility of custom ordering the bolts from a reputable manufacturer. This may ensure that the bolts are specifically made to meet your desired specifications and quality standards.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best in finding a reliable source for Class 4.6 bolts. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

What are Class 4.6 bolts used for?

Class 4.6 bolts are typically used for structural applications, such as in construction and engineering projects. They are designed to provide a strong and reliable connection between two or more components.

What materials are Class 4.6 bolts made from?

Class 4.6 bolts are typically made from medium carbon steel, which contains a moderate amount of carbon and other alloying elements. This type of steel provides a good balance of strength, toughness, and cost-effectiveness.

How are Class 4.6 bolts sourced?

Class 4.6 bolts can be sourced from various manufacturers and suppliers. They can be purchased in bulk from hardware stores or ordered directly from manufacturers. It is important to ensure that the bolts meet industry standards and are of high quality.

What are the dimensions of Class 4.6 bolts?

Class 4.6 bolts come in various sizes and lengths, depending on the specific application. They are typically measured in millimeters and designated by their diameter and length. It is important to select the correct size and length of bolt for the intended use.

What is the difference between Class 4.6 bolts and other classes of bolts?

Class 4.6 bolts are classified based on their material and strength properties. They are considered a medium strength bolt, with a minimum tensile strength of 400 MPa and a minimum yield strength of 240 MPa. This makes them suitable for structural applications, but they may not be suitable for high-stress or heavy-duty applications that require a higher strength bolt.