Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A spectroscopic vs. single wavelength ellipsometry

1. Aug 4, 2017 #1
    Hello, I know that spectroscopic ellipsometry (SE) is more accurate than single-wavelength ellipsometry (SWE), but I would like to know how to create a dispersion model using SWE instead of SE.

SE sweeps over wavelength, measures reflectivity vs. wavelength, and gives a variety of optical constants, but SWE only gives out thickness and refractive index. SWE's are made with lasers and can only measure at one wavelength. I know that having a spectrum of wavelengths can give more accurate measures than SWE, but can we make a dispersion model out of measuring only the thickness and refractive index?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted