Speed of light is a universal constant

In summary: Earth. This led to the conclusion that the speed of light is constant, regardless of the frame of reference. This is one of the fundamental principles of special relativity.In summary, the speed of light is a universal constant and does not change with different reference frames. This was confirmed by the Michaelson-Morley experiment, which showed that the speed of light remains the same even when measured in different directions and frames of reference. This contradicted earlier beliefs that light would travel at different speeds depending on the observer's motion. This concept is a fundamental principle of special relativity and has since been confirmed by numerous experiments.
Kazza_765 said:
If the velocity of the atom changes it is no longer stationary. You are correct in that the mass/size of an atom stationary in our reference frame is constant, but so is its velocity. Its when you change the speed of the atom relative to you, that you also change its size. You can't change one without the other, either it is stationary and mass/size/velocity is constant, or it is moving relative and mass/size/velocity are transformed.

rest mass remains const even if the atom moves! even if vel during its motion changes!...Mo remains const so does Lo

M=Mo/sqrt(1-vsqr/csqr)

Mo always remain const irrespective of whether the particle moves or not...its M that changes but i am talking about Mo..vel is not any intrinsic property as the rest mass, it changes when the atom moves[say initially it was 0 while at rest and while in motion its x m/s but Mo will be Mo both when the atom is at rest and is in motion, only what changes is M but i am talking of Mo(rest mass)].Now please i think this is going too far and i am getting tired of explaining ..don't make me answer again and again...its a request...

thanks

Science news on Phys.org
I think this thread has gone on long enough.