Statics of structure, distributed load

In summary, the person is asking for help with a problem involving two confounded loads. They have calculated the reaction forces at points A and B, but are unsure how to work with the section where the two distributed loads are confounded. They mention an L-shaped beam and a diagram that may imply a linear decline in the horizontal load. The person is seeking clarification on the problem and is unsure if the issue is with the combination of distributed and point loads or the mix of vertical and horizontal loads.
Morshed awad

Homework Statement

All data are in the image uploaded

Homework Equations

I don't know how to deal with two confounded loads

The Attempt at a Solution

I really need fast replies thnak for your attempt

Attachments

• 20171216_165942.jpg
    20171216_165942.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 376
Physics news on Phys.org
quad load beam.png

This is not a very difficult problem . You should really have made some effort to solve it yourself .

Start by working out the reaction forces at points A and B . Show us your workings . We'll go on from there .

Attachments

• quad load beam.png
    quad load beam.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Yes i have calculated the reaction forces but the problem tha i don't know how to work with the part wherethe two distributed load are confounded please lead me and i just want to know about the section thank u

Not sure I understand the diagram. It seems to be an L shaped beam, assumed rigid at the bend. The distributed load is of uniform density q0 on the vertical section, but what about the horizontal section? The text suggests that is also uniform, but the diagram implies it declines linearly(?) from a max of q0 to zero at the tip.

By "confounded" loads, do you mean the combination of distributed and point loads on the same beam section, or is it the mix of vertical and horizontal loads that bothers you?

1. What is the purpose of analyzing the statics of a structure with a distributed load?

The purpose of analyzing the statics of a structure with a distributed load is to determine the internal forces and reactions within the structure. This information is crucial in designing safe and efficient structures.

2. What is a distributed load and how does it differ from a point load?

A distributed load is a force that is applied over a certain area, while a point load is a force that is applied at a specific point. Distributed loads are typically more realistic and common in real-world structures, as they represent the weight of the structure itself, as well as any additional loads such as wind or snow.

3. How do you calculate the total load of a distributed load?

The total load of a distributed load can be calculated by multiplying the magnitude of the load by the length of the load. This will give you the total weight or force applied to the structure.

4. What are some common methods for analyzing the statics of a structure with a distributed load?

Some common methods for analyzing the statics of a structure with a distributed load include the method of joints, the method of sections, and the method of virtual work. Each method has its own advantages and may be more suitable for different types of structures.

5. What factors can affect the statics of a structure with a distributed load?

The statics of a structure with a distributed load can be affected by various factors such as the magnitude and distribution of the load, the type of material used, the geometry and shape of the structure, and external factors like wind or seismic activity. It is important to consider all of these factors when analyzing the statics of a structure to ensure its safety and stability.